• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gregg Abbott - What a nice chap.

Suprised hes suprised we're stuggling after the defensive display in the first 15 mins!

Who was saying that being without Barrett would be a good thing?

Southend were also not helped by the second half dismissal of skipper Adam Barrett.

And Abbott felt it was a harsh decision.

“It looked a bit soft to me,” said the Cumbrians chief.

“I'm disappointed for Southend because I think he's one of the best defenders in the league and they need him.”

Personally i prefer it when the opposing managers go away moaning that they didn't deserve to lose , and should have got something from the game !

But credit where its due , at least he tells it like it is .

He had my upmost respect.... right up until he stated that Barrett was one of the best defenders in the league.... God love him for being a True Blue, a whole hearted guy who would run through a brick wall for us, but best defender in the league??... Come on Greg, that's just laying it on with a trowel!! :)

He had my upmost respect.... right up until he stated that Barrett was one of the best defenders in the league.... God love him for being a True Blue, a whole hearted guy who would run through a brick wall for us, but best defender in the league??... Come on Greg, that's just laying it on with a trowel!! :)

Well he was voted as the best player in the division (in his position) by his professional peers in our title winning season so I don't think it's quite as ridiculous a statement as you make out.

Back