• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grimbsy Town Tickets SOLD OUT

Maybe I'm over-reacting here, but this seems madness to me. The police don't want loads of fans turning up without tickets - so they cut our allocation, so even more fans who want to go won't have tickets and will be tempted to go up on spec. I bet we now get a large number in the Home areas.

mad.gif

I don't think we would have taken many more than 2,404 anyway. And if it is to do with the stand, they have known about it for weeks - why suddenly change the capacity. Must be to do with our trouble-maker reputation and all the town centres we've trashed this season.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 05 2005,14:50)]Maybe I'm over-reacting here, but this seems madness to me. The police don't want loads of fans turning up without tickets - so they cut our allocation, so even more fans who want to go won't have tickets and will be tempted to go up on spec. I bet we now get a large number in the Home areas.

mad.gif

I don't think we would have taken many more than 2,404 anyway. And if it is to do with the stand, they have known about it for weeks - why suddenly change the capacity. Must be to do with our trouble-maker reputation and all the town centres we've trashed this season.

wow.gif
we certainly have smashed up a few places
smile.gif

There is nothing to stop people turning up on the day and getting in. I am sure there are plenty of people who intend going who dont even know you had to get a ticket. I mean who ever heard of Southend selling out their allocation for an away game!!!

I am sure common sense will prevail and the Police will get them in somewhere. Who remembers that farce at Orient a few years back when all our official away allocation was sold out and they just moved the Orient fans out of their home end to put us in there. What a great day that was and we won as well.

That is complete b******s. Health & Safety My Arse. It is going to a nightmare up there and all because we can't have a few hundred extra tickets. I am sure Grimsby won't sell out so expect to see pockets of sufc fans celebrating at the final whistle
biggrin.gif

does anybody know the number of rows in the osmond stand, I am in q and wondered if that was middle or back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (solihullshrimper @ May 05 2005,20:43)]does anybody know the number of rows in the osmond stand, I am in q and wondered if that was middle or back?
Quite near the back I guess from the pictures on surftoyourseat. Also I think the highest letter I've seen on here is R.

HTH

Judging from the view I'm expecting, I'd imagine row S is the roof if it exists.

I am in Row S which is the very back row i believe, seat 80 and 81 and the view looks pretty good!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ May 06 2005,09:40)]I am in Row S which is the very back row i believe, seat 80 and 81 and the view looks pretty good!
Well, I hope the view's good while you're enjoying the drizzle!!

biggrin.gif

I hope we play a nice tidy passing game or else I don't think we're going to see a lot of the ball back in R and S!

Back