• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grimsby Away

I think we can have up to 2,500..

Hopefully it will all be settled by then and it will be just one big promotion and hopefully title party!!..

If thats the case 2,500 just wont be enough!!.

Still 2 more games to get through yet though.

Feet firmly on the ground!.

smile.gif

last time I went to Grimsby it was either a trek on the M180 (road from hell) or a slow train from Sheffield.

Looks like I'll have to make a long-distance call to get me ticket... I'm still ****ed off I couldn't get a ticket for the Yeovil game...

If we have clinched it by then, and even if we have not, then it'll be one hell of a day....!

They must be making some sort of announcement within the next couple of days.  They are advertising a party weekend on the official site - staying over in a hotel the night before the game etc.  Perhaps they are waiting to see what happens at the weekend with results.  

Grimsby are playing Scunthorpe on Saturday and Scunny have got 2400 tickets.  

Grimsby fans have said we can have the whole ground if it means we stop Scunny going up!!

They have a capacity of 9848 (if my calculations are correct) of which they fill. There average attendance is 4738 and there highest gate was 7091, which I presume was a local derby, therefore the away section probably brought a few people with them. I reckon they'll give us a couple of thousand extra tickets if it is going to be important. They won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Rather than see 3,000 empty seats they will charge us a fortune and let us bring 4,000 fans - which we will fill easily. From my research, can you guess how much work I'm doing today!! This promotion push is not good for my work efforts!!

I phoned the ticket office yesterday & although didn't speak to anybody in there personally, I think it must have been Brian Wheeler who picked up my call, they WON't know ticket arrangements for Grimsby until early next week.

I find that shocking seeing as demand will be immense & it will be less than 2 weeks before the actual game!

I also was wondering last night if Grimsby have contingencies for a HUGE away following, because we will so take more than 2.2k to that game.

Sounds as though it's going to be a scramble for non-season ticket holders to get a ticket. Watch out for the ticket announcement ...

I don't give a stuff where I sit, I'm going up there regardless. Hopefully the club will see sense and negotiate some extra space for us all...

Back