• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Groundhog Day: FINAL 42 day adjournment granted to 4th October, no debts paid

Might be a combination of the two.

Either way, RM has a history, it seems, of offering "personal guarantees" to creditors for the repayment of loans, which then never materialise.
But would you ask for personal guarantee's just on work.. maybe you are right and they know RM to well. I feel it was a loan or several over a period of time.

I can't begin to explain how stressful that was to witness. Truly emotionally draining.

It felt very different to previous cases, pretty much straight away actually as it was pushed all the way to the end of the sitting. Early sign there that it was being treated seriously.

Even the judge's "the next hearing is final" sounded and felt different to the last time we heard it. It wasn't said with conviction by the previous judge, but I truly felt today that Judge Prentis meant it.

He pretty much trolled RM by asking the barristers for all 4 petitioners stand up, state who they were representing and how much money their clients were owed. Embarrassing.

Seems that he claimed £80k of the HMRC petition bill was been paid off yesterday and that the amount due is now £170k. Must have been a seriously late payment as the HMRC barrister said there is no record of an £80k payment being made yesterday.

RM ran away in the blink of an eye at the end after our hearing had finished.

TL very confident that a deal will very finalised with the Australian bidder by the time the next hearing rolls around.
Thanks for covering and taking time out of your day to keep us informed, greatly appreciated. Do you know how close the "Aussie Chap" is to taking over ? if it was a case of funds being released from an aussie bank then i'm sure we won't need the 42 days we've been given.

I can't begin to explain how stressful that was to witness. Truly emotionally draining.

It felt very different to previous cases, pretty much straight away actually as it was pushed all the way to the end of the sitting. Early sign there that it was being treated seriously.

Even the judge's "the next hearing is final" sounded and felt different to the last time we heard it. It wasn't said with conviction by the previous judge, but I truly felt today that Judge Prentis meant it.

He pretty much trolled RM by asking the barristers for all 4 petitioners stand up, state who they were representing and how much money their clients were owed. Embarrassing.

Seems that he claimed £80k of the HMRC petition bill was been paid off yesterday and that the amount due is now £170k. Must have been a seriously late payment as the HMRC barrister said there is no record of an £80k payment being made yesterday.

RM ran away in the blink of an eye at the end after our hearing had finished.

TL very confident that a deal will very finalised with the Australian bidder by the time the next hearing rolls around.
does very confident mean the same as will be ?????

8 days to pay day for staff and players. How’s Ron going to sort that out?
Can only see more big trouble ahead. And for the mystery Aussies, they only exist in Martins dreams.

Anna Firth MP

odoenSsrpt28gm43u19al3m533261fll7atg9t39ci09ff465hutu594m145 ·

⚽
𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 (𝟮𝟯/𝟬𝟴/𝟮𝟯)
⚽

Further to today’s adjournment, I wanted to take this opportunity to provide fans with a short statement regarding Southend United Football Club.

I share your immense disappointment that this saga has again been extended for another 42 days but note with optimism, Mr. Martin’s expectation for the club to be sold before the end of September. I am aware of the potential buyer and have had several conversations with him and believe they are committed to the purchase and have the club’s best interest at heart. I am sure you will understand I cannot provide more details at this time but will endeavour to update you again as soon as I am able.

It looks likely at this point that the Club will unfortunately, also receive a 10-point deduction from the National League, which is truly devastating given what a spectacular start to the season we have had. Kevin Maher and the team have been phenomenal so far and all deserve the highest praise for their efforts.

There are 650 MP’s in Westminster and only a few of them are lucky enough to have a professional football club in their constituency, but it is such a privilege to be able to say that I can represent Southend United and the incredible fan base that comes with it. I have been fortunate enough to meet lots of you throughout the last year and watching the community come together at the “Roots Hall Action Day” was a truly humbling experience. Hearing all your stories about Southend United and what it means to you really lends perspective to the huge importance this club has to the local community.

I have said countless times that Southend fans deserve better and more safeguards need to be put in place to protect fans against situations such as this. I will continue to lobby tirelessly on your behalf to the Government, the National League and all other parties until Southend United once again has realistic prospects for the future. I have already secured a meeting with the Rt. Hon. Stewart Andrew MP the Minister for Sport, where I will be discussing the matter of Southend United with him and the Shrimpers Trust.

Finally, whilst I appreciate this update may not be as positive as any of us had wished, I hope you can understand my current position and I hope to provide you with further updates as soon as I am able. Until then, please feel free to say hello if you see me out and about or at Roots Hall. Now more than ever, it is crucial we get behind the boys and prove to them that as long as they don’t give up on us, we won’t give up on them.
#Blues

Couldn't agree more. We're not going to be the most popular club in the league's eyes anyway , so giving them the excuse to dock us even more points from pitch encroachment would be utter madness.

Do anything else for sure....protests at the house, signs around the town, boycott any related business that is seen to be compliant to Ron (and Jack's ) mess . Sure anything . But please please not the pitch.... we would be shooting ourself further in the foot !

And please let this be known by the more excitable young lads and lasses who I know mean well . And I admit i was one of them in the days of Jobson etc) , but we have to let the lads play football otherwise we're doomed.
Sorry but you need to wake up. We will likely not have a club to support in 41 days time and therefore any further points deduction (which will be unlikely given our circumstances) is immaterial.
Other clubs such as Blackpool did far worse when their clubs were on the brink of extinction.
Now is the time to demonstrate and I would fully support an on field protest.

So many on here said he will pay the HMRC we wont get the points deducted, gutting that it looks like we will have to take that if the VNL follow through on what they said.

So the Rat ran away at the end of the hearing and has probably gone down some hole to hide.

I honestly don't understand how a businessman can stand in a court of law and say he did not know of a debt owed. For me (and if I was the judge) that would have been the last straw, as it is obviously a blatant lie.
Rat obviously knew of the debt but closed his eyes and thought it may have gone away when he opened them.

The man is a deluded fool who thinks he can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

The only "story" i've heard is the Aussie has a base in Holland. But whether that is true or not, who knows

RB Emerson Ltd

Probably relates to design work for the new stadium and whatever:

https://www.emersons.uk.com/services/electrical-design/

All very murky - probably nothing to with the day to day operation of the club.
There would be regular compliance checks required on electrical systems and the like (monthly, quarterly ect) and probably replacement of defective parts, bulbs, fittings ect….but that’s a lot of work for that value, there must be something else attached …Loan or new installations somewhere …perhaps at the training ground ?

That 600k Emerson's debt needs looking at. Where?When?How? If it was at Root's Hall or Boot's n Laces, they must have been charging £10,000 per hour labour, and £20,000 per foot of electrical cable.

I know for a fact as very much in the know on this one he has not paid Emerson’s for many year’s and has fobbed them off with Directors box seats and the odd corporate box to try and keep them sweet.They remain the Electrical contractor for the club out of loyalty and also the promise of being the preferred option when the electric contract for the new stadium went out for tender. In fact Ron was told at least five years ago that RH needed a complete rewire and that it would probably be a better and cheaper option in the long run but like much of the advise he is given he chose to ignore it hence constant repairs at RH and some at B & L.

I honestly don't understand how a businessman can stand in a court of law and say he did not know of a debt owed. For me (and if I was the judge) that would have been the last straw, as it is obviously a blatant lie.
Rat obviously knew of the debt but closed his eyes and thought it may have gone

Did he say he didn't know he owed them money? Or did he say he didn't know they had joined the petition?

They're very different things.

Back