• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Competition Guess the gate competition vs Oldham Saturday 5/8/23

Last few away seats snapped up as it looks like we (Oldham) may be signing James Norwood from Barnsley today!
Any chance you lot could pop down and clean a few more seats and check the roof out for us so we can bring a few more
? 🤣
MartinOut

Last few away seats snapped up as it looks like we (Oldham) may be signing James Norwood from Barnsley today!
Any chance you lot could pop down and clean a few more seats and check the roof out for us so we can bring a few more
? 🤣
MartinOut
Corrr what’s he done to deserve that 😀😀… is he over the hill now?

? 🤣
MartinOut
If he signs and plays that’s a straight red for biting Jack Wood I’m guessing

Ticket sales slowing somewhat now at 4,588 in total. Only 250 shifted today. We will do well to reach 5,000 by tomorrow midnight. Those of you that have predictions starting with a 6 or 7, there is time to change...

Unfortunately, there will be quite a few that have no idea that the game is all ticket and will turn up on the day just to be disappointed.

What is our lowest gate in the national League. Could this be it?

Unfortunately, there will be quite a few that have no idea that the game is all ticket and will turn up on the day just to be disappointed.

What is our lowest gate in the national League. Could this be it?
Lowest league crowd we have had since we dropped out the EFL was v Eastleigh (Tue 5th Oct 21) when 3,342 turned up. I reckon it was lower than that as well.

We didn't have a single league crowd below 5,000 last season, even on Tuesday nights. This one is in danger of falling below that. It would be well below 5,000 if it wasn't for a good Oldham following as well.

We look around 1,000 (around 20%) home fans down on last season, based on this fixture. Which tallies up with the season card drop. That's a pretty hefty vote with feet. **** off Ron.

4622 Sold as of now.​

Lowest league crowd we have had since we dropped out the EFL was v Eastleigh (Tue 5th Oct 21) when 3,342 turned up. I reckon it was lower than that as well.

We didn't have a single league crowd below 5,000 last season, even on Tuesday nights. This one is in danger of falling below that. It would be well below 5,000 if it wasn't for a good Oldham following as well.

We look around 1,000 (around 20%) home fans down on last season, based on this fixture. Which tallies up with the season card drop. That's a pretty hefty vote with feet. **** off Ron.

4622 Sold as of now.​

That figure won’t include hospitality

Considering we down around 2,000 season tickets holders compared to last season, many are boycotting home games.

If we see around 5,000 crowd at the Hall for early August

That will be good IMHO

Kevin Maher says it’s been difficult to set any targets for the new season after so much uncertainty during the summer months.

Maher and the squad trained on the Roots Hall pitch this afternoon ahead of Saturday’s season opener against Oldham Athletic, and afterwards, Maher spoke to the press pitchside.

On his ambitions, he said: “I haven’t looked too far ahead beyond Saturday if I’m honest. A lot of it's been reacting to stuff on a day-to-day basis. We usually set goals at the start of the season and throughout the season, at the minute we just want to go full tilt at the first game and see where that takes us.

“We’re behind, we know that, with what everyone has done in pre-season I think that’s pretty obvious. We’re coming up against a team that have recruited well, spent money and got things where they want them to be.”

Oldham, with former Blue Shaun Hobson in their ranks, are one of the favourites to be heading into the EFL come April, and Maher knows it’ll be a very challenging opener. “I have no doubts they’ll be around the top end of the table and so they should be as well.

“We welcome back Hobbo who is a brilliant signing for them because as a manager he was a dream. He’s gone back up there near his family and it’ll be good to see him, hopefully he’s on the losing side on Saturday! He’ll get the reception he deserves I’m sure.”

Despite a difficult pre-season, Maher is pleased he can now focus on football, with the games set to come thick and fast immediately.

“We’ll be giving everything we can to get those points just as you know Oldham will. The players are focused and ready to go and the backing we’ll have is going to play a part as well.

“You have a plan of what you want pre-season and what every day looks like. We’ve had to manage that in terms of balancing fitness in games and in training.

“Every club would’ve had a plan about how they go about it so we’re obviously slightly different. It may take us a few weeks to get fully up to speed.”

Blues are limited to a 16-man squad which is clearly a very difficult situation, but Maher was asked whether it may bring the lads even closer together.

“I think it helps that the players know us and we know them. The principles that we live and die by here are still the same ever since we’ve come in.”

Finally, he was asked about the two recent departures Henry Sandat and Tom Clifford, who have joined Hull City and King’s Lynn Town respectively.

“I think deep down Henry would’ve loved to say but an opportunity came and he’s decided to take that. Tom probably didn’t play as much as he wanted to last year and he had the opportunity to play regular football and it’s one we couldn’t deny him.

“We thank them for everything they’ve done for us at the football club.”

Kev & team deserve our support

Back