• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gus Poyet

been sacked from brighton, which is unexpected, but to find out while doing punditry work for the bbc while he was on air is pretty bad form from brighton, even we wouldnt do that!!!!

Oh don't give Ron any ideas! You know how much Brown loves doing media work ....

what actualy happened with him to be put in isolation from the club?

Alleged breach of contract following comments made by himself after the defeat to Palace where he effectively said he will sit down over the summer and decide where he should go or whether he should stay at Brighton. A little harsh maybe but he's a silly boy for saying it in public when his employers are watching and he's still under contract.

Alleged breach of contract following comments made by himself after the defeat to Palace where he effectively said he will sit down over the summer and decide where he should go or whether he should stay at Brighton. A little harsh maybe but he's a silly boy for saying it in public when his employers are watching and he's still under contract.

Not just that, I believe there was also a very unsavoury incident at Palace involving "something" being left in the Palace changing room.

Not just that, I believe there was also a very unsavoury incident at Palace involving "something" being left in the Palace changing room.

I heard that Poyet said it was nothing to do with him, virtually pooh-pooh'd it but the Brighton Chariman still dumped him like a stool pigeon. Phil Brown for Brighton?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, echoed by the reaction on Twitter last night. Any other manager, and the club would've been ridiculed, but it's Poyet so everyone thinks it's hilarious.

Saw somewhere today that he's linked with a move to Spurs to be AVB's number 2, not sure if that would suit him though

been sacked from brighton, which is unexpected, but to find out while doing punditry work for the bbc while he was on air is pretty bad form from brighton, even we wouldnt do that!!!!

Brighton's chairman is a friend of a friend. I don't know the full details because I try not to ask questions, and usually wait for other people to do so, and then listen to the answers. Either way, it seems that Poyet wasn't sacked live on TV, and knew what was happening before hand. As I said, I don't know the full story, but it seems there is more to this than meets the eye...

Gus has had a good January, beating the Mancs to get to Wembley and now 3 nil win at Newcastle. He must be doing something right.

Gus has had a good January, beating the Mancs to get to Wembley and now 3 nil win at Newcastle. He must be doing something right.
Doing a great job at Sunderland.Most people had them as certainties for the drop after there very poor start.Out of bottom 3 in a cup final still in FA cup going very well now.

OUch, late goal at City keeps the Black Cats from 3 points at Man City.
Surely DOOMED for the drop.
When I have seen them on TV they look to be playing ok football but having no luck (except in the cup).
Poyet to stay or go?

OUch, late goal at City keeps the Black Cats from 3 points at Man City.
Surely DOOMED for the drop.
When I have seen them on TV they look to be playing ok football but having no luck (except in the cup).
Poyet to stay or go?

I find it a tad annoying if reports are true,that he has threatened to quit at end of the season, unless he gets full control of the off field business, ie transfers,and support of board

He must have known what was expected and the realistic goals on the transfer market,I cannot believe one moment he took the job without knowing the transfer situation, too easy nowadays to take a job and blame all around you,when things fall down

If he is sacked a nice pay off,if he leaves probably a nice job in the premiership or Championship awaits, a win win situation for him either way. do lose so much respect for managers nowadays too easy to blame the Chairman and board of clubs

UTS

I have had a short chat with a Sunderland player and it appears that they have a host of players brought in under the previous regime, including by Dicanio, and that S'land employed a "expert" talent seeker who got in loads of players from Europe over and outside of any managers say so.
Nearly all of these "players" are being paid etc but are not deemed good enough to warm the bench.
Poyet is covering his bases and keeping his options open; plus spreading the blame background story if they do go down.

Back