• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
The article below appeared in the Southern Daily Echo a week before Christmas:

CHRISTMAS COMES WITH A FINE AND BAN FOR PAUL

Christmas can be expensive at the best of times, but Paul McCarthy has got to dig a bit deeper this year. The Winchester City owner has been fined £100 and had a suspended fine of £100 activated by the Hampshire FA for dissent to the match officials during City's 2-1 Sydenhams Premier Division win over Hamble ASSC last month.

McCarthy, found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute/not acting in the best interests of the game, has also been hit with a four-match touchline ban, starting at Romsey Town on December 27. He also had a further suspended fine of £150 imposed until May 2012.

Taking the punishment squarely on the chin, the former boxer said: "I disagreed with the linesman. Nathan Lynch would have gone through and scored. I said he was onside by five yards - and I was right - and the linesman said he was offside. I remonstrated with him and he said I swore, which I didn't, but you can't appeal against these things. You've got to say 'c'est la vie' because you can't win."

City's team boss, Guy Butters, also landed himself in hot water over the same incident, earning himself a £50 fine for misconduct by a club official.

"It's hard if you're passionate - and Guy and I both are - but we may have to rein it in slightly," said McCarthy, whose club are top of the Wessex Premier.

Winchester's conduct got them in trouble again this week when they were 'named and shamed' by the Sydenhams Wessex League "for their consistent abusive and offensive language from both the manager and players" during their 3-2 defeat at Alton last Saturday.

Last edited:
Back