• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ha Bloody ha

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
A quote taken from Sportinglife.

"We've drawn our two games with them in the league so it's going to be very tight," he said. "Southend are a big, strong side and play in a similar way to us."

Lets hope he is in for a shock!

we dont play hoof ball do we?
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

He is right both games were very tight!

As for style, well we know you play more football than we do, tho we do mix it more now than we did a season or two ago. I don't care how we play on sat, we can hoof it all day long if it means the red side of the ground goes home happy
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"Southend are a big, strong side and play in a similar way to us."

The only players' (That are likely to start on saturday) that I'd say were big are Spinner and Bentely. Barrett possibly, but appart from that we haven't got anyone else.

As for playing in a similiar style, he must be joking, I went to Sincil Bank in August and the home match in April and, although we didn't play brilliantly in either, you could tell that we tried to play the ball about on the deck whereas they tended to hit the long ball, and look for corners so the likes of Futcher to come up from the back.

I also went to both games, and they were both tight, but i also feel we were the better side in both. The first game their goal came from a terrible cross that nobody expected, least of all the striker, and the goal in the second game, would be given as a foul on Darryl at a big arena.

Drewe caused them problems at the Bank, so dont fear

They remind me of Dony, absolutly no talent

HIT

and

Hope

Think you are mistaken mate, we have players at the club with lots of talent. Morgan, Gain, Butcher, Yeo, McCauley, Marriott, Fletcher, Asamoah and others are good players.

Truth being that Alexander believes the best way for us to get out of this league is by being more direct. Whether he is right or not or if it will be enough to win on saturday, only time will tell.

Back