• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Halifax away

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
According to our website its pay cash on the day and no advance ticket sales and no points available

Makes a joke of the whole away points loyalty scheme.
Wonder if this will happen for some other away games as well?

I've posted this up on SUEPA but some of you might be interested in this Halifax event for our game at The Shay: Event 11 Sept

I'll be going to that - great value at £35 including meal and ticket. Plus I've helped them get a few Shrimper-Shaymen to attend too - Bob and Dave Worthington, Alan Little and Kevin Johnson will all be there. So far over 100 tickets have been sold and they expect to sell many more for the event in the run up to the game, away fans are welcome to attend

Cash Only on the turnstiles and £21 for an adult? They best be stockpiling £5 notes and £1 coins for change!

The away points scheme seems stupid at this point. I will have done Kings Lynn and Halifax for 0 points and couldn't get a ticket for Wealdstone as such limited capacity.

I think as the club said they would award points for Halifax then they should honour this but now we have Wealdstone out the way everyone who wants a ticket for our remaining away games should be catered for.Possibly we may draw a local team in a cup game where points be handy but I think vast majority of fans will get a ticket

What about people who had to go in the home end at Kings Lynn and Wealdstone. Surely extra points for the extra effort.

I like your idea of an away fan loyalty scheme, but unless the tickets are sold by SUFC it is a massive and almost impossible admin task.
We've had an ST and members priority scheme which mostly worked OK, but with 6000+ ST holders this season, and no priority for time you've had the ST, regular away fans may have a real problem if we do well this season.

I like your idea of an away fan loyalty scheme, but unless the tickets are sold by SUFC it is a massive and almost impossible admin task.
We've had an ST and members priority scheme which mostly worked OK, but with 6000+ ST holders this season, and no priority for time you've had the ST, regular away fans may have a real problem if we do well this season.
I think you have a good away support anyway so with the likely success on the field for you this season I think you will take big numbers to lots of grounds this season

Cash Only on the turnstiles and £21 for an adult? They best be stockpiling £5 notes and £1 coins for change!

The away points scheme seems stupid at this point. I will have done Kings Lynn and Halifax for 0 points and couldn't get a ticket for Wealdstone as such limited capacity

In fairness if you had a season ticket it wouldn't be a problem...

Manic street preachers play the peace hall Halifax on the Friday b4 the game for anyone interested in a long weekend. Great venue if you like the band.
The piece hall is an amazing venue for a gig, very tempted to make a weekend out of this one

Can't do Halifax which is a shame as never visited but will be doing Torquay for the long weekend. Should be around 400+ in Devon for that one.

I’m hoping we can continue our good away form I still think we can mount a promotion charge but these are the games we need to be winning

Back