• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Happy 30th Anniversary

Me and my brother were there.
Me a big Blues fan and season ticket holder him a Hammers fan he was so cocky the Hammers would win he wasn't a a happy bunny at the end of the game i think he was in shock😂

We played so well that night and the atmosphere was amazing:LoyalSupporter:

A great night for us Blues fans and one of my happiest memories as a blues fan it took me a week to come down from the high i was on, i was buzzing.

Last edited:
I seem to remember hoping Roycey would have a stormer - but wondering how long he would hold out? To the end, you non believer!
Can't tell you how delighted I was when Brett connected to Stan's centre: just marvellous!
If there's one club I came to loathe through the years it's that bunch of Plaistow car dealers...

What a game, what a goal! Was 15 years old and the only Shrimper at my school surrounded by Hammers fans! I lived off that game for months after.

Collymore to Angell, whatever happened to those guys…by far the best strike force I’ve ever seen at Roots Hall.

its
As we streamed out towards Shakespeare Drive,the other lot walked parallel to us , from the South Bank away end. I’ll never forget the look on their faces
In fairness,most of them were probably proper fans .
Nowadays the athletics stadium that we all pay for, is usually (when they lose) less than half full when the board goes up.

Thirty years ago today we beat the Wet Spammers 1-0. Happy St Angell’s Day!
The following day we re-decorated my youngest sons bedroom. Before applying the new wallpaper, we wrote the date & mentioned this game in pencil on the bare wall.
When the house was sold 3 years ago, the new owners were West Ham fanatics. I doubt they kept the same wallpaper, so got a stark reminder of that great night ( for us! ) when they stripped the wallpaper off!.

That game was amazing, one of the top ten in my 60 odd years of supporting the blues. Can’t believe it’s 30 years ago. What a team we had then. Best ever imo. The North Bank just went into overdrive. To be in their that night was, well words can’t describe it.

And we all thought that the Fat Judas walked on water .

I wasn’t there this day but would have love to have seen us beat the Spammers. Had to stand on a train with a load of them, rammed in like cattle up to Stratford last weekend. What an unpleasant experience. Sang when the Saints go marching in as they trudged off the train.

Closest I’ve come to witnessing a win against them was it the league cup at Upton Park, when our very own King Kev missed what looked like an open goal at 0-0? Anyone remember that? Think Harewood played for them at the time.

Back