• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Happy Last minute, last minute day

The despair in the Wycombe end is delicious. We were much the better team that day and their goal was about as flukey as you'll get. What was it, off the upright, off Bentley's back as he dived, off the bar and in? That's before you even go into the fact that it was never a foul in the first place.

Last edited:
The despair in the Wycombe end is delicious. We were much the better team that day and their goal was about as flukey as you'll get. What was it, off the upright, off Bentley's back as he dived, off the bar and in? That's before you even go into the fact that it was never a foul in the first place.

You forgot the disallowed goal and the blatant penalty that wasn't given.

I was recovering from a DVT and PE at the time of the final and had just been discharged from hospital a week earlier, so couldn't go.

After we scored that equaliser, my wife was starting the car up to take me back. and threatened me not to shout again during the penalties.
(I ignored that!) The greatest Southend game I have never been to!!

Last minute! last minute!

That short, sharp half-a-sentence has been Immortalised in my mind forever.

Back