• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Happy St George's Day !

Yes by no doubt having it's usual St. George's thread on ShrimperZone! Huirray, Rule Brittania and all that.

Happy St George's Day, English and proud!

[video=youtube;Vvgl_2JRIUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvgl_2JRIUs[/video]

Yes by no doubt having it's usual St. George's thread on ShrimperZone! Huirray, Rule Brittania and all that.

You do know that it isn't the law to reply to absolutely everything even if you don't agree or want to contribute a little more than a sarcastic remark, don't you?

I will celebrate today by painting my house and necking a couple of bottles of Spitfire tonight.

Happy St George's day everyone. This is such a poorly celebrated day, people seem to care more about St Patricks day than they do St George's. I hate it when all the plastic paddys are out celebrating, wish more of a song and dance was made about today then about those Irish *****.

Happy St George's day everyone. This is such a poorly celebrated day, people seem to care more about St Patricks day than they do St George's. I hate it when all the plastic paddys are out celebrating, wish more of a song and dance was made about today then about those Irish *****.

St Patrick's day is only celebrated in the UK because it is used as marketing ploy by a massive drinks company. In fact a few years ago St Patrick's day fell on a Sunday and Guiness marketed the preceding Saturday as St Patrick's Eve because they knew they would sell more pints on a Saturday.

The only thing stopping celebration of St Georges day is apathy. If you go down the pub in an England shirt tonight and sink a few pints you are not going to get locked up by the political correctness police.

Happy St Georges Day

Celebrating by leading a pub crawl this evening doing 4 pubs in Rochford.

Don't hate, buddy. Paddy's Day is fantastic. There's no way that we'd celebrate St.George's Day the same way. If it was a public holiday in England people would spend it in IKEA anyway.

How about celebrating Paddys day in an England shirt with a pint of Guinness?

Ooh Grout, Spitfire. How I miss the Old Dr Butler's Head, one of the few proper pubs left in the city. A few pints of Spitfire with some doorstep sandwiches please.

St Paddy's day probably has more to do with the potato famine scattering the Paddies throughout the world. When away from home people are more vocal about their origins - see our away matches as an example. I am more Essex now I haven't lived there for 20 years than I was when I lived there.

St Paddy's day probably has more to do with the potato famine scattering the Paddies throughout the world. When away from home people are more vocal about their origins - see our away matches as an example. I am more Essex now I haven't lived there for 20 years than I was when I lived there.

Yup. As with the Irish, I always find the English diaspora markedly more patriotic than those of us still here. I haven't lived in Essex for twenty five years but was getting all dewy-eyed about it with someone from Billericay this morning. By the way, almost all of the posts above seem to see both St George's and St Patrick's as drinking festivals. I'm a Britpaddy who's really queasy about patriotism/nationalism and I don't drink. I'm probably best off at the Kosovan carwash, too.

Was down pub earlier having a Bombay sapphire & tonic then a Strongbow! I refuse to have anything to do with paddys day

been living in germany now 24 years and living abroad does make you more patriotic:happy:. my st georges day will be great if real madrid smash bayern münchen tonight..bayern are the worst s§§§s on the planet...hope chelsea wins the champ.league

Currently struggling with my post St George's Day hangover. Took a day trip to York - what a damn fine city that is for a beer or ten.

Yup. As with the Irish, I always find the English diaspora markedly more patriotic than those of us still here. I haven't lived in Essex for twenty five years but was getting all dewy-eyed about it with someone from Billericay this morning.

This is so true. I was telling one of the girls in the office about lazy afternoons with a pint of lager and a pint of prawns on the sea wall by the Peter Boat earlier. I got misty-eyed.

This is so true. I was telling one of the girls in the office about lazy afternoons with a pint of lager and a pint of prawns on the sea wall by the Peter Boat earlier. I got misty-eyed.

That may have been cataracts. I suggest you see a doctor.

Back