• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Hartlepool United 0-0 Southend United

Dour and two teams who seemed very similar cancelling each other out.

Collin - who still wants Justham?? Clearly best keeper in this division now, great saves, confident, solid claim of crosses -8

Gus - solid, lot of fight in him ( literally) -7

Ralph - as above, didn't put a foot wrong -7

Crowther - seems to be a little off at the moment, few misplaced passes -6

Woodsman - did ok, pacey for a big man -6

Demi - pick of the back line for me, used his experience to deal with their big men -7.5

Miley - MOM back to his play breaking best and some amazing interceptions - 9

Husin - OK, nothing special but nothing great either -6

Morton Anonymous-5

Cards - huffed and puffed -6

Sandat - hope Hull release him and we can get him back, he has great speed of thought and movement and is a very clever player for his age and will only develop - 7

Subs all 6
That's the thing with Sandat he won't get released by Hull due to his movement and speed of thought at his age.

At some point he is going to have a breakthrough season alongside the right partner.

It's so annoying that we will not get any sell on as he was released

We need to be more clinical in front of goal.and we can't keep relying on Colin to be m.o.m. and keep us in games.

I wonder if those happy to keep the unbeaten run going buy scraping draws would still be happy if we are in the same position next year.
I doubt any of us will. But look at what this squad have produced this season under unprecedented circumstances. They will have a full pre season, new players will come in and we go again next season. We’d be in the play offs without the -10. Just let that sink in. As frustrating as some of the performances have been since Christmas you need to take a step back and appreciate what this squad has been through this season.

Haven't we already got that with Martin?
We have indeed. But from what I understand he’s still on non-contract terms and is 39 next season. So I’d be surprised if we didn’t try to sign a new permanent keeper next season.

I think the management and playing staff have performed miracles this season, given all that they've had to contend with off field.
But next season brings much more pressure and expectation.
Kev and the team have rightly been given loads of praise and have been cut slack this season.
But even having said that there have been the usual moans and groans from sections of our crowd.
Like it or not , many fans will be expecting promotion next season , and if we are falling short will let in be known.
I guess that is the nature of the beast.

Miley for me was the MOTM. This was by far his best performance since his return from injury. Prior to today he'd been a liability.

Colin was a close second. Proving that he has a bright future with the Blues. That's if he's not enticed away.

As for Morton, he's yet to make his mark in a Blues shirt.

I think the management and playing staff have performed miracles this season, given all that they've had to contend with off field.
But next season brings much more pressure and expectation.
Kev and the team have rightly been given loads of praise and have been cut slack this season.
But even having said that there have been the usual moans and groans from sections of our crowd.
Like it or not , many fans will be expecting promotion next season , and if we are falling short will let in be known.
I guess that is the nature of the beast.
Yes I think many fans will be expecting the auto spot next season. But being realistic 🤪 I would accept a play off spot now.
Couldn’t some nice moderator set up a poll on predicting next season’s aspirations. 🙏.

The two Hartlepool commentators were impressed by Henry's movement and speed of thought. As always though, it's a game of opinions.
I thought he had a decent game TBF, but he needs to be burying that chance he had. He's certainly not a natural goalscorer.
Yes fair enough mate, obvs we get a different perspective from behind the goal. He seems to be pushed over too easily and the ball didn’t really stick, but then the front two were fed on scraps largely. Disappointed Waldron didn’t start as thought him and Cardwell could use the remaining games to get a decent understanding and it won’t do Waldron harm to get more game time at this level

Last edited:
Back