• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has this just been another plot to get out of a snooker?

We've been here before, but has this just been another smoke and mirrors stalling tactic, with no intention to see through the deal.

Below I will say these are rumours of the past, but there is past form of this...

• Tara Brady as CEO invested into the club - no return on the investment, other than a black eye from Moshni
  • Sainsburys paid £5.4m* for land they never got to build on - was this written off? Was it re-paid?
  • Numerous other's sold the dream of the new stadium to invest
Fast Forward 2024 - Consortium paying all the club day to day bills... with no end in sight... is it happening again? Money being sunk into a money pit, with no end result.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, and there is a real intention from Ron to sell, are a complex plan to see others have to write their money off into the Money Pit of SUFC?

No, why would he want to back out of the deal?

His concern is building a **** ton of flats. He’s prepared to trample all over people in trying to get this done but backing out of the deal doesn’t further this at all and would just hinder that.

The reason the deals keep collapsing is that it takes so long for him to do anything.

Don’t confuse incompetence with malice.

His concern is building a **** ton of flats. He’s prepared to trample all over people in trying to get this done but backing out of the deal doesn’t further this at all and would just hinder that.

The reason the deals keep collapsing is that it takes so long for him to do anything.

How does someone so incompetent have a massive house and Bentley I could only dream of affording?

Another rumour is that Ron Martin owes a shed load of money (and a very big shed it is) that only the development of F. Farm can get him of the hole.

That can be seen as good for S.U.F.C. as this puts the onus on Ron to deliver ............. or you can see it as bad as the football club is just a minor side show compared with the financial problems that he has.

I have no idea what the situation is. [shoulder shrug; sad face]

He will be dead before the flats are built and he gets his money

Back