• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick Week 6

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
Just beaten the top team in my series 3-1, So i am now 3 points clear at the top. However hardest game is coming this weekend.

FC Gambero - Small FC 3 - 1
Date: 01/08/2004 at 18.00
Arena: Fossetts Farm
Crowd: 21730

The 21730 spectators at Fossetts Farm were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Gambero tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Abbot - Moustakis, MacFie, Mędrzak - Melmik, MacRankin, Dahl, Stuhr-Ellegaard, Hayes - Rahbek, Bladhult.

Small had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Harris - Stalker, Aguado Renedo, Ares Fernández - Gough, Kelly, Salgueiro, Warren, Kullar - Clarke, Schmidt.

Gambero clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Kevin Kelly unexpectedly struck an inside out ball from no angle at all, and Miroslav Schmidt forwarded it into goal for 0 - 1 An uncontested case of handball in the penalty area gave the home team a penalty in the 31st minute, and Marius Dahl was able to score the 1 - 1 goal. Klas Rahbek gave his Gambero the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 39:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Peter MacRankin dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Gambero. By now Gambero were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. With 39 minutes played Peter MacRankin could have brought this one home for Gambero, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. Gambero held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

Dwayne Warren had a couple of good opportunities to reply, but the home team´s goaltender Stewart Abbot just wouldn´t surrender. The referee showed Gamberos Melchor Melmik the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Klas Rahbek almost managed to score another goal for Gambero, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Klas Rahbek almost managed to score another goal for Gambero, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. After an industrious effort down the middle Aleksander Mędrzak could have closed the game off in the 85:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The home side´s Per Bladhult came close to extending the lead in the 90:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Stuart Harris managed saving with a fingernail. Smalls Bernard Clarke got himself booked after a foul. Gambero held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Gambero player was without a doubt Peter MacRankin. Denny Hayes on the other hand, had a terrible day. Small´s best player was Elliot Kullar. However, Stuart Harris made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 1.

Top result, Bob! Good skills at being top of your div as well!

I won 4-0 and stay third; crucially, the fans have started coming back: 34,640 at Roots Hall this weekend, so obviously I'm delighted about that - especially with the £150K of gate receipts.

Apart from that, continuing to save like bonkers and train young strikers, so that I've got some players to sell this close-season in order to raise money to blow on an expensive midfielder...

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Aug. 02 2004,12:59)]Cheers Matt, not sure I will stay there but good to be there at the moment. Why are you not taking part in the FLSA Cup??
Erm, not sure... other than the fact that some geezer sent me a message and asked me to be in a cup he was organising. It guarantees an international friendly every week - which I prefer since (as I understand it) international friendlies give you more training.

rock.gif

That's the main reason why, I guess...

Matt

Drew 2-2 with the best team in the division away from home. The result leaves me top and clear by 1 point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 02 2004,13:54)]It guarantees an international friendly every week - which I prefer since (as I understand it) international friendlies give you more training.
I thought international friendlies were more beneficial for experience (x2 over normal friendlies) but not for training.

Newly reformed SZFC begin with a 0-0 away draw as we embark on a long term defensive training strategy. Three or four weeks of stamina training to set players to an acceptable level then it should take approx 11 weeks to level the defenders, one of whom will be a 20 yo with excellent defending and excellent stamina. His sale should sustain the team for a further 12 weeks defensive training by which time we'll have about 10 excellent level defenders from which to sell and build a team. Long term planning!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 02 2004,14:58)]I thought international friendlies were more beneficial for experience (x2 over normal friendlies) but not for training.
Ah, fair point. Still, that's good enough for me... after all, experience is v. important!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 02 2004,15:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 02 2004,14:58)]I thought international friendlies were more beneficial for experience (x2 over normal friendlies) but not for training.
Ah, fair point.  Still, that's good enough for me... after all, experience is v. important!

biggrin.gif
4-0 defeat to the top team. I need to invest quickly in a top striker as im getting 31.5 stars a game but not scoring.
sad.gif

I belong to the World International Friendlies Federation Matt which gaurantees an international friendly each week Home and away.

if anyone wants the details let me know.

[b said:
[b said:
Ah, fair point.  Still, that's good enough for me... after all, experience is v. important!

biggrin.gif
I don't think that's strictly true

It's Cup Rules friendlies that will get you more experience than a normal style friendly home or abroad. It is the fact that if you're playing at home to an abroad side then you will get an increased crowd. Still Cup Rules is twice as much as Normal, but Cup Rules Friendly is still around a fifth of what you would get in a normal league game I think. If you play abroad you pay £6,000 for the pleasure of playing an away game abroad. Am I being patronising yet?
biggrin.gif

Anyway I won 1-0 against the bottom team in my league putting me 2nd in VI.355. The only problem is I only got about 6,000 fans in and I had just recently uprgraded my stdium to 17,010. So as you can imagine financially I'm up a certain creek at the moment. I'm going to have to sell my last remaining original player of any worth which shouldn't hurt that much because all I need is passable in div VI anyway. The main problem is the bloody crowd formula taht HT use it's appauling! Your away opponent counts for alot of your home attendance my point is this is bollucks. Away attendance is going to make 10% at max of your home attendance and this has royally screwed me now.
mad.gif
I've got 630 odd fans high on life who won't turn up because I'm playing a team that regualarly gets a spanking. Very annoying to find out this information almost the day after I'd expanded...
mad.gif
Still only a game hey...must kill Developers
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Aug. 02 2004,20:17)]
[b said:
[b said:
Ah, fair point. Still, that's good enough for me... after all, experience is v. important!

biggrin.gif

It's Cup Rules friendlies that will get you more experience than a normal style friendly home or abroad. It is the fact that if you're playing at home to an abroad side then you will get an increased crowd. Still Cup Rules is twice as much as Normal, but Cup Rules Friendly is still around a fifth of what you would get in a normal league game I think. If you play abroad you pay £6,000 for the pleasure of playing an away game abroad. Am I being patronising yet?
biggrin.gif

Anyway I won 1-0 against the bottom team in my league putting me 2nd in VI.355. The only problem is I only got about 6,000 fans in and I had just recently uprgraded my stdium to 17,010. So as you can imagine financially I'm up a certain creek at the moment. I'm going to have to sell my last remaining original player of any worth which shouldn't hurt that much because all I need is passable in div VI anyway. The main problem is the bloody crowd formula taht HT use it's appauling! Your away opponent counts for alot of your home attendance my point is this is bollucks. Away attendance is going to make 10% at max of your home attendance and this has royally screwed me now.
mad.gif
I've got 630 odd fans high on life who won't turn up because I'm playing a team that regualarly gets a spanking. Very annoying to find out this information almost the day after I'd expanded...
mad.gif
cool.gif
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has been lured into expanding a stadium, and then getting shafted by having lower crowds than when the stadium was smaller!!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Aug. 02 2004,20:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Aug. 02 2004,20:17)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has been lured into expanding a stadium, and then getting shafted by having lower crowds than when the stadium was smaller!!

dont worry the more you win the more they will join the supporters club and the bigger crowds will follow.

Also you will get a lower crowd against lower teams in the league, when you play a top 3/4 side you should pull a decent attendance.

What a result! Just sold a solid 26yo winger for £280k to a series IV team. No idea what made them pay that, was hoping for £150k!

Back