• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hattrick

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Anyone else have a relegation promotion play off today?

I have a relegation play off and currently 2-0 up after 5 mins

Zoran Wolfard gave his Southend the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Southend put their lead ahead another goal as Robert Parsonage struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

Lost 3-1 in my promotion qualifier

sad.gif

Congrats KS and Unlucky BA. I recon the Pearlstars will get automatic promotion next season.
suspect.gif

Feels really strange not having a match on sunday but Rochford are confirmed in V.151 and looking at my new opponents I am aming for 5th

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 23 2005,21:09)]Congrats KS and Unlucky BA. I recon the Pearlstars will get automatic promotion next season.
suspect.gif

Feels really strange not having a match on sunday but Rochford are confirmed in V.151 and looking at my new opponents I am aming for 5th
If you look closely at Pez's Superstars and Steelfist in my division, you will see why I did not auto-promote this season and will not next.

I think it is one of the hardest Div VI's out there

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 23 2005,21:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 23 2005,21:09)]Congrats KS and Unlucky BA. I recon the Pearlstars will get automatic promotion next season.
suspect.gif

If you look closely at Pez's Superstars and Steelfist in my division, you will see why I did not auto-promote this season and will not next.

sad.gif
BA I thought Debden Rockets would win my div after losing my first game of season 24 but I did it I won all my remaining games. Have faith are you continuing training defending this season ? if so why not switch to attacking half way through to surprise everyone then you will have the best defense in your league and then have a stronger attack that can only get better.

unlucky BA but keep the faith mate, a few good transfers and training and youll be up before you know it.

Cheers Birri, finished 5th this year opposed to 6th last. so 4th this year for me

Taken a look at my division, I'm going to need a lot of good luck.  The other team promoted from VI has a 5 star IM, and weighs in with 36 stars, gulp!

Using the two week gap wisely (I hope) to adjust my squad. Got plenty of 17/18 year old newbies and it seems to me there are plenty of bargains to be had if you are not impetuous. Any bidding wars are happily left to those with money.

Even my youth promotee this week wasn't too bad. May be no use to me as a forward but I'll see how he gets on in a couple of friendlies first.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 23 2005,22:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

sad.gif
BA I thought Debden Rockets would win my div after losing my first game of season 24 but I did it I won all my remaining games. Have faith are you continuing training defending this season ? if so why not switch to attacking half way through to surprise everyone then you will have the best defense in your league and then have a stronger attack that can only get better.
Sorry for snapping at you yesterday, but I guess you will understand that I was a touch peeved.

sad.gif

I am indeed going to continue training defending this season, to the point when all of my defenders are at least to excellent. I may then change to scoring to get some new talent upfront, or maybe I'll go with playmaking as I already have two quite young excellent midfielders who I can build upon.

I really thought my formidable defence would hold out the oppo's weak attack, but c'est la vie.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 24 2005,16:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

sad.gif
Sorry for snapping at you yesterday, but I guess you will understand that I was a touch peeved.

sad.gif

I am indeed going to continue training defending this season, to the point when all of my defenders are at least to excellent. I may then change to scoring to get some new talent upfront, or maybe I'll go with playmaking as I already have two quite young excellent midfielders who I can build upon.

I really thought my formidable defence would hold out the oppo's weak attack, but c'est la vie.

wink.gif
BA,
I won playing 3-5-2
with 3 solid defs
2 solid wingers
2 solid 1 passable middie
1 solid 1 passable forward
I alternated between AOW & AIM
I had 2 serious teams one being Debden who I thougt would win after I lost to them but I stuck with it. The last game of the season against debden I MOT with AIM and my wingers were toward the middle boosting me up to poor midfield and that helped me win the match 4-3
I believe you can do it looking at your team and your two main opponents.

Louis Simon [playerid=53313362]
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 540
Wage: 384 £/week
Owner: Southend United Football Club
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Listed for 40K. Get that stamina up and you've got a very handy, last week of the season youth-pull for all you IM trainers...

OK, if we're advertising youth pulls.....

Andrew James (53563439)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A popular guy who is temperamental and upright.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 840
Wage: 404 £/week
Owner: Southend-United

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: wretched

Listed for £0

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 24 2005,18:29)]Louis Simon [playerid=53313362]

Total Skill Index (TSI): 540
Wage: 384 £/week
Owner: Southend United Football Club

Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Listed for 40K. Get that stamina up and you've got a very handy, last week of the season youth-pull for all you IM trainers...
I have a bid on an 18 yr old solid matt currently @ 15334 if he goes above 40K i might take your bloke instead

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ Jan. 24 2005,18:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 24 2005,16:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
suspect.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

wink.gif
BA,
I won playing 3-5-2
with 3 solid defs
2 solid wingers
2 solid 1 passable middie
1 solid 1 passable forward
I alternated between AOW & AIM
I had 2 serious teams one being Debden who I thougt would win after I lost to them but I stuck with it. The last game of the season against debden I MOT with AIM and my wingers were toward the middle boosting me up to poor midfield and that helped me win the match 4-3
I believe you can do it looking at your team and your two main opponents.
If I can pick up a couple of solid wingers I'll go with 3-5-2 and train playmaking after all my defenders have gotten to at least excellent. Which should be around mid next-sesason. I'm going to sell a couple of my trainees soon so that I can get some much needed cash in to invest in other positions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 24 2005,18:29)]Louis Simon [playerid=53313362]

Nationality:  England  
Total Skill Index (TSI):   540
Wage:  384 £/week  
Owner:  Southend United Football Club  
Warnings:  0  

Stamina:    poor   Goaltending:    disastrous
Playmaking:    solid   Passing:    inadequate
Winger:    poor   Defending:    poor  
Scoring:    poor   Set Pieces:    poor  

Listed for 40K.  Get that stamina up and you've got a very handy, last week of the season youth-pull for all you IM trainers...
ive popped in a bif for 40k

Following player currently for sale at Southend United FC

Andrew Kearns (53183940)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Total Skill Index (TSI): 820
Wage: 373 £/week
Owner: Southend United FC

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: inadequate Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0