• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HDMI Cables

Does anyone know the best place to get one of these that doesn't cost more than the actual Blu-Ray Player I've just bought?

I've used these guys for cabling in the past, seemed pretty reasonable.

EDIT: Scratch that, they're trade only now.

i think ebay to be fair.

The little items that you need for bigger items (memory cards for cameras, cables for computers, cables for TV's etc) are always massively overpriced in the shops where you buy the large items from, as they know you will probably buy them there and then as they'll tell you that you need it.

A good example was when i got my camera from argos.

2gb memory card offered to me for £13. 8gb memory card purchased from ebay for £8!

I never how much a cable makes a difference to a digital signal. I always use decent cables for the analogue signals as this definitely improves things, but when you are dealing with a digital signal of on or off there is not much that can go wrong, as long as it basic shielding then is there a need for such expensive cables?

I never how much a cable makes a difference to a digital signal. I always use decent cables for the analogue signals as this definitely improves things, but when you are dealing with a digital signal of on or off there is not much that can go wrong, as long as it basic shielding then is there a need for such expensive cables?

true, i think it's worth spending a bit of money that's going to last, has solid connects, and enough shielding so that there is no signal interference. my understanding is that for short runs there is no difference in signal quality/strength between 'expensive' and 'cheap' cables. However I like to spend a little bit on my interconnects just because I'm moving around a lot and always seem to be plugging/unplugging things

I got my last one for 8.99 from Wilkos, does the job well. A big improvement on paying upwards of £70 in Currys.

Expensive HDMI cables are the biggest con around. Paying a bit of money for a decent SCART is worth it but as it's digital, every HDMI is as good as each other.

There's no difference between cheap and expensive HDMI cables. They tested it on the gadget show!

I am glad that my feelings are not unfounded, I understand as Pubes mentioned, that you would want to get a cable that was made well (i.e. no dry joints and non corroding contacts) but the rest of the gumph is just wasted on a digital cable.

Back