• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heads Up: ITV - The Championship

In about 10 mins they are showing the goals from the hall, and by the looks of it a special feature on Fredy Eastwood!

Fredys certainley getting his Plaudits, i just wish they would shut up about him being on loan
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2004,12:11)]Fredys certainley getting his Plaudits, i just wish they would shut up about him being on loan
wink.gif
I'm sure Tilly's on the case already
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Oct. 17 2004,12:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2004,12:11)]Fredys certainley getting his Plaudits, i just wish they would shut up about him being on loan  
wink.gif
I'm sure Tilly's on the case already  
smile.gif
so do i and Fredy even hinted in todays News of the World that he would be interested in a permenant move

"I can only hope the that both clubs can sort out things because obviously i would welcome a permanent move to Southend and the opportunity of playing at a higher level"
Fredy Eastwood - News of the World

and Tilson adds

"But first of all i want to complete a deal to bring him here permanently"
News of the World

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Oct. 17 2004,13:45)]Time to produce the cheque book, Ron!
Anyone else see Ron come on the pitch after the game?

Hopefully he was saying along the lines of:
"Tilly, looks like you've found another little gem. I'll get my chequebook out on Monday for you"

From a somewhat biased point of view, I don't think it is in Fredy's interests to play at a higher level than us until he can get to grips with league football.

After that I think it could be time to step up a level, and hopefully that will be with us!

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,12:45)]From a somewhat biased point of view, I don't think it is in Fredy's interests to play at a higher level than us until he can get to grips with league football.

After that I think it could be time to step up a level, and hopefully that will be with us!

Einstein
... and my equally biased view is that you are quite right to use that assumption. He will be in a better shop window playing for Southend than most other clubs in League 1 or 2. If Fredy is not too greedy or ambitious and wants to stay local, he'll sign for us, for a decent wage at this level and who knows, may also help us climb up the leagues whilst gaining the all important experience along the way. Another stumbling block though, might be Grays and specifically, what they will want as a fee? if they get too greedy, we'll have problems!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,16:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,12:45)]From a somewhat biased point of view, I don't think it is in Fredy's interests to play at a higher level than us until he can get to grips with league football.

Einstein
... and my equally biased view is that you are quite right to use that assumption. He will be in a better shop window playing for Southend than most other clubs in League 1 or 2. If Fredy is not too greedy or ambitious and wants to stay local, he'll sign for us, for a decent wage at this level and who knows, may also help us climb up the leagues whilst gaining the all important experience along the way. Another stumbling block though, might be Grays and specifically, what they will want as a fee? if they get too greedy, we'll have problems!

wow.gif
Was just thinking this morning, that I am sure that both Charlton and Swindon saw more than enough talent in Freddy, but I dont think either side would give him first team football, so he is probably better off with a side like Southend at the minute. If he progresses then he will move onto better things in the future.

Apparantly, Paul Bodin was at the game scouting for Swindon, but they already have 2 excellent strikers, so why would Eastwood want to go there and play in the reserves?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 17 2004,16:02)]
[b said:
[b said:

Einstein

wow.gif
Was just thinking this morning, that I am sure that both Charlton and Swindon saw more than enough talent in Freddy, but I dont think either side would give him first team football, so he is probably better off with a side like Southend at the minute. If he progresses then he will move onto better things in the future.

Apparantly, Paul Bodin was at the game scouting for Swindon, but they already have 2 excellent strikers, so why would Eastwood want to go there and play in the reserves?!
In Collymore'esque fashion, if he come to us, he may play for ENGLAND one day!
cool.gif

[b said:
[b said:

Einstein

wow.gif
Exactly, Tilly said they wanted silly money in the summer and then they said before the loan only a minimal fee. Depends if they decide to change their mind again quickly! I think the minimal fee will certainly raise slightly though for sheer business sense in Grays eyes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,16:23)]
[b said:
[b said:

Einstein

wow.gif
Exactly, Tilly said they wanted silly money in the summer and then they said before the loan only a minimal fee. Depends if they decide to change their mind again quickly! I think the minimal fee will certainly raise slightly though for sheer business sense in Grays eyes.
... but if they keep it to the figure quoted with a sell on clause rather than be greedy now, they will benefit in the long run! it'll be almost like a savings account!
wink.gif

If he does sign then i believe we have to take the chance of putting him on a long term deal, 3-4 years sorta thing. Because what we can't do is lose a good young player on a free. Fredy seems to have showed a great deal of promise and as someone said he could be the difference between playing in this league and league 1.

P.S I think Grays could up the fee but at the end of the day the real money could be on a sell on clause, his much more in the shop window here than at the Rec.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 17 2004,16:47)]If he does sign then i believe we have to take the chance of putting him on a long term deal, 3-4 years sorta thing. Because what we can't do is lose a good young player on a free. Fredy seems to have showed a great deal of promise and as someone said he could be the difference between playing in this league and league 1.

P.S I think Grays could up the fee but at the end of the day the real money could be on a sell on clause, his much more in the shop window here than at the Rec.
I think it would be wrong to sign him for 3-4 years as much as it would be stupid to sign him until the end of the season and then lose him to the fat judas from Peterborough. A 2 year contract with a review clause at the end of the season would be the better option. I don't think even the management have a 3-4 year term and it's not really necessary TBH.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,18:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 17 2004,16:47)]If he does sign then i believe we have to take the chance of putting him on a long term deal, 3-4 years sorta thing. Because what we can't do is lose a good young player on a free. Fredy seems to have showed a great deal of promise and as someone said he could be the difference between playing in this league and league 1.

I think it would be wrong to sign him for 3-4 years as much as it would be stupid to sign him until the end of the season and then lose him to the fat judas from Peterborough. A 2 year contract with a review clause at the end of the season would be the better option. I don't think even the management have a 3-4 year term and it's not really necessary TBH.
Gotta agree, 2 year contract with an extension would work best for all concerned

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 17 2004,17:47)]Because what we can't do is lose a good young player on a free.
He's still got a few years before he is 24 and under the bosman ruling I believe would not be able to leave for free until then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,20:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 17 2004,17:47)]Because what we can't do is lose a good young player on a free.
He's still got a few years before he is 24 and under the bosman ruling I believe would not be able to leave for free until then!
But if it goes into a tribunal then we could be done out of thousands.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,17:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,16:23)]
[b said:
[b said:

Einstein

wow.gif
... but if they keep it to the figure quoted with a sell on clause rather than be greedy now, they will benefit in the long run! it'll be almost like a savings account!  
wink.gif
Any sensible businessman would take the money while he could. He would not gamble on a clause that 'might' come off. There will obviously be some kind of clause in the deal, but he will want hard cash as well as a guarantee.

Back