• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heat 4 - "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys v "Drop" - The Pharcyde

Heat 4

• Beasties

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Pharcyde

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
This in my eyes should be a semi final. Big one this...

70s cops v it all going backwards. TOUGH.

For the record Labcabincalifornia is one of my favourite hip hop albums ever, but I had to vote for Sabotage, I love that video.

I've been waiting years for us to have one of these battles so I could nominate Sabotage. Awesome song, awesome video. Now, after me....

I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT....

Arggh, had no idea this was on or that I'd been drawn against Sabotage. Bugger.

The Pharcyde "Drop". Dir. Spike Jonze
The entire video was recorded backwards, then reversed so it was forwards. So the members of Pharcyde had to learn the entire routine and perform it walking backwards, not only that but singing backwards. A linguist was brought in to create a new language that when reversed would lip synch correctly to the video so the group had to remember that aswell as the choreography. And to top it all it's shot in one continuous shot, it's an incredible acheivement and a stunning visual effect.

[video=youtube;8CBsxCUhNu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CBsxCUhNu0[/video]

VOTE FOR DROP.

I've been waiting years for us to have one of these battles so I could nominate Sabotage. Awesome song, awesome video. Now, after me....I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT....[/QUOTE]

I'm-a set it straight, this watergate...SOLD.

Sabotage hands down winner for me.

Sabotage wins by a landslide. Feel sorry for Drastic, that video is awesome, it just came up against a classic.

I always get tough draws in 'Battles'. You'd think it'd get easier :'( (or I'd learn to choose more popular nominations)

Sabotage is a classic though, I can't be angry with the Beastie Boys.:clap:

Back