• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello from Al

balltofeet

Decided to join in on the chat after being a fan since I was about 8 I reckon, when I first went to a game. Looking forward to hearing all the banter. Shame we've not got much to play for this term now the play-offs are out of site but high hopes for next season. My wife's a Villa fan so it could be worse :smile:

Promotion, no promotion, play-offs or nothing to play for, it's never boring on SZ. If nothing is happening you can always rely on someone on here making rubbish up, and bosh, it becomes the truth!

Welcome balltofeet, look forward to you posting.

Thanks for the warm welcomes :smile: Pretty sure my first game would have been around 95 or 96, we'd have been in the first division I think. Pretty sure it was Tranmere who we played and we won by a few goals, which was nice.

Welcome - at 3.39 a.m.? :stunned:

Yep I know, I'm a writer part-time so I'm up until all kinds of crazy hours.

Being called balltofeet, you clearly aren't a Southend fan :smile:

Haha, wishful thinking I suppose.

Pretty sure my first game would have been around 95 or 96, we'd have been in the first division I think. Pretty sure it was Tranmere who we played and we won by a few goals, which was nice.

That would probably be 30th March 1996 Southend 2 Tranmere 0
Byrne and Boere

SUFCdatabase seems to suggest would have put us 7th:omg:

Yep I know, I'm a writer part-time so I'm up until all kinds of crazy hours.

What type of writing?

That would probably be 30th March 1996 Southend 2 Tranmere 0
Byrne and Boere

SUFCdatabase seems to suggest would have put us 7th:omg:

What type of writing?

Nothing that impressive I'm afraid, I'm no Tolkien. I mainly write articles for magazines, brochures, that sort of thing, whatever I can get my hands on to be honest. It's a part time thing really so I fit it around my schedule and wait for something to inspire me so I've got something interesting to write. Writing is just a term I use as it makes me sound more interesting. I have attempted to write my own books but I struggle to keep interested. I end-up hating what I've written and abandon it. Much better when its short but sweet.

Back