• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

help for saturdays celebrations

piersend

Hi, meself, the mrs and my youngest daughter are coming down to the Bristol game to see off the goat and hopefully celebrate the title! Having been exiled in darkest Leicestershire for the last 17 years i need some help from the good shrimperzone folk. We are staying in Westcliff on Saturday night and was wondering if anyone knows of a good curry house in the Westcliff area. I know a few good ones in leigh but need one nearer really as i don't want to drive as i intend getting totally wrecked!
biggrin.gif
Any good uns in Hamlet Court Road?

I've heard a lot of good things about Masala Hut in Hamlet Court Road but haven't been there myself yet.

nice one! might try it, like ure taste in music anyway
tounge.gif

Although not strictly a curry -  Champagne Chinese Restaurant
272-274 London Road is an excellent value for money - unlimited buffet for about £10.95 (I think), just continue ordering off the menu (no restrictions - although you cant take-out what you dont finish) and is child friendly.

Thats pretty sound value, trouble is not sure how hungry well be, esp after several pints (hopefully celebratory, or if not drowning sorrows and cursing col u)!

The best Indian in Westcliff is The Shagor in Hamlet Court Road. Been there for many different occassions, couple, family, stag, xmas bash, football team do and never been let down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 03 2006,11:48)]The best Indian in Westcliff is The Shagor in Hamlet Court Road. Been there for many different occassions, couple, family, stag, xmas bash, football team do and never been let down.
seconded

nice one! got three good uns to choose from, must admit you cant beat a ruby after a few beers, chinese is great but fills you up too quick
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The best Indian in Westcliff is The Shagor in Hamlet Court Road. Been there for many different occassions, couple, family, stag, xmas bash, football team do and never been let down.

thirded
wow.gif

go there for my birthday every year, crackin'!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 03 2006,11:48)]The best Indian in Westcliff is The Shagor in Hamlet Court Road. Been there for many different occassions, couple, family, stag, xmas bash, football team do and never been let down.
I can fourth this. The Shagor is a great indian for all occasions. Great food.

[b said:
i agree

Looks like The Shagor is a surefire winner then, might see u in there Artful. Might be an idea to book as it sounds pretty popular
smile.gif

Thanks  for all the advice lads and lasses. Went to The Shagor and found the service excellent, don't think i've ever seen so many waiters in an indian restaurant! This was good because i didn't want it to interfere to much with the celebratory drinking time. What a fantastic day topped of by watching the Parade on the Sunday, happy days indeed. Cheers again
smile.gif

Back