• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Help me put together a Classic Southend team for FIFA 11

Beefy

Life President
Pretty self-explanatory I reckon... I'm using EA's Creation Centre to put together a Classic Southend squad to be downloaded from their website and was hoping to get some help from the good people of Shrimperzone. I think I'm allowed 27 players but I've got 35 on my initial shortlist and am sure that I'm missing several obvious names. These don't have to be the best players necessarily, but I would like them to be 27 names who I'd associate with the Club and look back fondly at their time here.

I'm going to limit it to 1990 onwards so no shouts for Sandy Anderson or Billy Best. Sorry.

Here is what I've got so far:

GK:
Royce
Sansome
Flahavan

DF:
Austin
Edinburgh
Powell
Bodley
Newman
Cort
Sodje
Barrett
Prior
Edwards
Searle
Jupp
Mohsni

MF:
Marsh
Whelan
Maher
McCormack
Butler
K. Jones
Tilson
Byrne
Otto
Ansah
Gower
Gridelet
Grant

ST:
Collymore
Eastwood
Angell
Benjamin
Barnard
Bramble

Help....

Royce
Sansome

Austin
Hunt

Powell
Barrett

Prior
Sodje
Clark (think he left in '91)
Cort
Mohsni

Marsh
Butler
K. Jones
Whelan
Bailey

Ansah
Byrne

Otto
Gower

Collymore
Eastwood
Angell
Benjamin
Barnard

plus 2 more - you could maybe go for one of the great entertainers we've had - Gridelet/Iorfa/Laurent/Risbridger/Alderton (Rio rather than Terry) to liven up dull games.

Dominic Iorfa is exactly the sort of thing I was after (and there's not many times he's been described as that)

How can I squeeze in Goat ahead of Tes? IT CAN'T BE DONE! I should be doing a squad for the two Tilson promotions later so Goater will get in there.

Roget is a great shout. I wanted Mickey Bodley to get in but I don't see that happening.

So will I be able to download this side on my XBox?

I'd stick Lapper in as a Defender and Crown as a striker surely.....

So will I be able to download this side on my XBox?

Well I've got a PS3 but thinking about it seeing as the team gets built on the EA website, maybe it doesn't matter which machine you've got.

Mike Lapper is in. Darren Blewitt is not.

My 27 would be...

flahavan 1
sansome 13
royce 24

austin 2
hails 12

powell 3
n jones 22

barrett 6
prior 5
sodje 15
cort 16
p clarke 25

ansah 7
hunt 27

whelan 18
maher 8
marsh 4
bailey 24
tilson 11

otto 10
gower 17

benjamin 21
angell 19
eastwood 23
collymore 9
carruthers 20
goater 26

others i was considering that havent been mentioned

regis,john nielson,rammell,dublin,mcnally,houghton,constantine,rawle,andy thomson.

u cant really inc loanees if u could

federicci,mulgrew,leon clarke,r jobson,stephen kelly,stanislas,dervite proberly a few others i cant think of....all had something special about them.

Last edited:
Back