• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very sad news, a proper old club, and as you say the sum of money involved as against a Premiership player's wage makes it even sadder in many ways.

It is hardly the Premier League's fault that another club lower down the pyramid have mismanaged themselves like this.

Whilst a premier leagues weekly salary might save them, it would be temporary, they are like it because of the way the club is run long term.

If you run a club beyond its means, like many do, then you will end up with problems. We can testify to that ourselves.

What would it have taken for all the premier league clubs to get together and put £100,000 each into a pot to give to Hereford? The millions they take in match fees for one game would more than cover the Hereford debt. It's shameful

Why should they? None of them are responsible or to be blamed for what has happened at Hereford.

Why should they? None of them are responsible or to be blamed for what has happened at Hereford.

These premier league teams are millions in the red yet nobody blinks an eyelash. There should be some sort of fund in place to help these lower league teams that struggle because all the money goes to the big boys. Sickens me, it really does

The money goes to the clubs who generate the money. You're talking about subsidising smaller clubs which just encourages/rewards clubs to live beyond their means.

Why should the money I pay for my Sky subscription go towards bankrolling a club in a lower league who have mismanaged themselves? What kind of an example would that be to the other clubs at Hereford's level? Spend what you like lads, Chelsea & Southampton will sort you out.

The money goes to the clubs who generate the money. You're talking about subsidising smaller clubs which just encourages/rewards clubs to live beyond their means.

Why should the money I pay for my Sky subscription go towards bankrolling a club in a lower league who have mismanaged themselves? What kind of an example would that be to the other clubs at Hereford's level? Spend what you like lads, Chelsea & Southampton will sort you out.

Not necessarily big clubs subsiding small clubs but a small % from sponsorship over the leagues in a fund put aside for such cases as Hereford. How much were they wound up over? £1m or somewhere around that amount. Premiership clubs owe 400-500 million in some cases and it just seems such a shame that the big clubs get bigger and the small clubs fold.

Hereford crowds were down to about 300 to 400 this season as most fans were boycotting the club. I think a new club has been formed by the fans trust, lets hope they can get it up and running in time for the new season.

Pity Hereford are not in the league anymore as we always seemed to beat them!
Just checked our record v Hereford and we have won the last 11 league matches going right back to April 1986.

Not necessarily big clubs subsiding small clubs but a small % from sponsorship over the leagues in a fund put aside for such cases as Hereford. How much were they wound up over? £1m or somewhere around that amount. Premiership clubs owe 400-500 million in some cases and it just seems such a shame that the big clubs get bigger and the small clubs fold.

Again, what example does that set to other sides at that level who know that they can continue to mismanage themselves and there'll be a pool of funds there to bail them out when it all goes wrong?

To be honest I don't know a huge amount about the Hereford situation. Maybe they have been genuinely unfortunate and if so it is a shame that no one stepped in and saved them. Just in general though people are way too quick to blame the Premier League for others misfortunes. West Brom and Man City don't make clubs four or five leagues below them spend what they cannot afford.

So when you have clubs being run terribly with no safety net what do you think they will do when they know they can get bailed out ?

As you said earlier PRemiership clubs getting ridiculous amounts of money and most still run in the red, just throwing money at clubs will not solve anything, they will just up their spending.

Back