• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

weststander

Manager
Hereford have this afternoon been thrown out of the Football Conference. Terrible shame, I have been to Edgar Street on a couple of occasions and it was a very friendly and welcoming football club. Lets hope they can find a league to play in and work their way back up to the Football League.

Hereford have this afternoon been thrown out of the Football Conference. Terrible shame, I have been to Edgar Street on a couple of occasions and it was a very friendly and welcoming football club. Lets hope they can find a league to play in and work their way back up to the Football League.

And all this after the new owner stated a week ago -

Tommy Agombar has taken over as owner of financially struggling Conference Premier side Hereford United.
The London businessman has reassured staff that "all payments and wages due to themselves, players and football creditors would be paid in full this week, subject to Conference status".

very sad,been there twice.nice ground,fans,place...another footballing "outpost" goes to the dogs,like workington ,southport,darlinton,etc..soom we will have only teams left from big cities,shame torquay went out of the league

Awful shame, another historic club ruined by incompetence and bad financial management. Scary thing is, I could so easily be anybody number of clubs, ours included. Feel very sorry for their fans and players who suffer the most!

Great place - the Angus Pies are phenomenal - and one of the best pre-matches going at 'The Barrels.' Clubs like Hereford should be in the League forever. And we always used to beat them too.

Remember a young Dudley Tyler plying his trade and who of a certain age cannot forget Ronnie Radford and that goal

I really hope they find a way back, very sad day, and the Premiership/SKY should look at them selves ,millions wasted in the "Elite " leagues and parachute fundings ,could be forwarded down in the grass roots and maybe they would have survived.

How it could be us one day :sad:

Remember a young Dudley Tyler plying his trade and who of a certain age cannot forget Ronnie Radford and that goal

I really hope they find a way back, very sad day, and the Premiership/SKY should look at them selves ,millions wasted in the "Elite " leagues and parachute fundings ,could be forwarded down in the grass roots and maybe they would have survived.

We have escaped it so far, so I suppose we should be thankful to Ron for something (can't believe I'm saying this!)

All the little kids running on the pitch when Radford scored that goal wearing paka coats .:smile:

The people who ought to think about this are the PFA, FA, and those who subscribe to sky, buy Premshite club shirts and potty mouth their local teams rather than getting along to watch and back them.
Sadly more clubs are likely to go bust with all the pressure placed on un achievable aims and too high expectations.

The Championship has a collective debt of 1 billion due to lavish spending, the biggest contributers being QPR with their 78 million pound wage bill, get promoted to the premier league. Herford are thrown out the league because they can't muster the cash flow to cover the debts accumlated from relegation from the Football League and losing almost half their attendence income.

Financial fair play???

Good old football. Game's ****ed, isn't it?

and the football league,dyke(if thats how his name is spelt),the fa(fa), do f%%k all. while "great" players earn 300,000 a week..the fa should now stop talking about fifa(they are right),but now stop ,change & help england&english football,but we have been saying that for decades...

and the football league,dyke(if thats how his name is spelt),the fa(fa), do f%%k all. while "great" players earn 300,000 a week..the fa should now stop talking about fifa(they are right),but now stop ,change & help england&english football,but we have been saying that for decades...

Could start by helping to get rid of that pillock Blatter!!!

but if that" pillock" goes, blatter,and he should, that wont help or change english football or clubs.thats down to the fa &f l..

Back