• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hessenthaler?

palexander

Life President
Hessenthaler has left the Gills... would it be worth him coming here as a player to cover now Smudger is crocked again?

He appears to be staying on as a player for Gillingham at the moment. For how long will be interesting though.

I'd prefer Caskey myself, although he's failed to turn up for training at Peterborough, so perhaps he wouldn't be ideal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,13:17)]How old is he now?
Got to be in his late 30's, but doesn't play like a player at the end of his career, still puts himself about and covers every blade of grass when he plays....... and before you ask no i'm not his agent, but think he's a good player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper magic @ Nov. 23 2004,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,13:17)]How old is he now?
Got to be in his late 30's
so's Brian Deane and he scored 4 on Saturday. And a belated happy birthday to Dave Martin- 39

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 23 2004,13:45)]And a belated happy birthday to Dave Martin- 39
how did you know that?
wink.gif

Hess' once got a red card as manager, came on as sub (in the same game) and was then booked. The only player ever to get a red before a yellow?
rock.gif

We tried to sihn Hessenthaler way back in 1996 but he chose to go to Gillingham instead for £225,000. Probably had something to do with the fact that he lived in Gravesend at the time.

I remember seeing him as a youngster playing for Dartford at Waterlooville Town in I assume a Southern Premier league game.  Hell, that must have been some years ago.  

And for the SUFC only posters, there was a link, as on the other wing was the then Dartford player manager none other than Peter Taylor.  They were a decent team with those two playing.

Back