• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury Shrimper

Just to say a quick hello. Although have lived in the darkest north for the last 20 odd years, I try and get to see the odd Southend game when I can, eg Burton away last weekend and Shrewsbury & Accrington also away.
My first memories go back to 1972 to 1980 in the days of Best, Moody, Brace, Guthrie etc and an early memory of Peter Taylor hareing down the wing.
Most memorable match was the FA Cup 5th Round match away to League Champions Derby County in 1976.
Come on you Blues!
Tony

Hi and welcome, same era as me! Vivid memories of the mid 70s especially that match at the Baseball Ground.

Welcome to the board Tony, have to say you ae a young whipper snapper compared to some on here mate. :smile: Great memories of the first game at Derby.

Welcome aboard and indeed happy days you refer to. If my ageing memory serves me correctly didnt we have two FA Cup visits to Derby, a 1-0 defeat and a 3-2 defeat a couple of years later.

Welcome aboard and indeed happy days you refer to. If my ageing memory serves me correctly didnt we have two FA Cup visits to Derby, a 1-0 defeat and a 3-2 defeat a couple of years later.

Quite right. The second game we were 3-0 down and we got back to 3-2, and as has been described on here before Colin Morris broke free of the Derby defence and looked like he would be clean through in goal before ****ing Jock **** Bruce ****ing Rioch booted him up in he air. Nowadays he would have been off but I am not sure he was even booked.

hi lads,supporter from the 70s.South bank with my dad westlers burgers!Claim to fame hugging chris guthrie after scoring, on the back inside page of the echo!

Back