• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hilton declare their intention to commit to a 107 room hotel

"Hampton by Hilton" has a nice ring to it.

oeVjac.jpg

This is good news and confirms what some of us expected. So phase two i.e. the fourth stand may be closer to construction than we thought.

The Hilton group moving into the stadium (and the town) is a good thing for Southend, already having international hotel companies such as Park Inn (Radisson) and Holiday Inn (owned by IHG).

Slightly off topic, but if the deal gets signs, Hilton would be a great global brand that can bring us some kudos, which some people want to be on our shirt sponsorship (from the new kit thread). instead of a unknown company.

Brilliant and all that but I want to hear something about the decision.

What’s holding SBC up from discussing plans at a DCC?

Why all the secrecy from both club and council about what the wait is for?

Seriously want to see movement on this now.

This seems on the face of it to be very good news.

Not only does a big brand add credibility to the proposals but it puts added pressure on SBC to agree the plans.

The other bonus is that this means the stadium, if agreed, will be built in its entirety.

Great work by the club to get another name involved.

Come on SBC, do the right thing!

Are there ANY whispers at all as to what the hold up is and when the council may discuss the plans?

Don’t mean to put a downer on this but Hampton by Hilton were down as the original tendor for the hotel at the airport. They had plans in and everything and then dropped out at the last minute.

Last edited:
I just looking forward to the moment when Paris Hilton cuts the red ribbon on our first game at Hilton Towers and we can pelt her with ****.

Have heard that a small outstanding parcel of land on the development site has also been bought .Gives the impression after 10 years that the application can't be far off !!

is 'hampton' rhyming slang? :Winking:

By the way on the echo website they have a quote from a 24 year old season ticket holder called Oli Salmons.

Does Oli really exist 'cos his name is very close to oily salmon!!!

Not that there is any problem with a bit of omega3. :Winking2:

is 'hampton' rhyming slang? :Winking:

By the way on the echo website they have a quote from a 24 year old season ticket holder called Oli Salmons.

Does Oli really exist 'cos his name is very close to oily salmon!!!

Not that there is any problem with a bit of omega3. :Winking2:

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

I should be getting excited(even at my age). But I'm like...Hampton by Hilton, yeah, whatever! The way it's been going for years is these big names come in, get fed up, then pull out.
When and if we get the go ahead, then I will take notice.

Last edited:
The DCC ‘s agenda for the August 1st meeting goes online next week but I doubt Fossetts will be discussed then as it’s known that the clubs latest target for planning approval is ‘late summer’.

I thought I heard recently that additional traffic and transportation information has been requested by the council. That’s perhaps no coincidence as the council are due to consult residents for their views on a new traffic plan for the town from next week..

Like many on this site, over the past 30+ years, I have had huge reservations at times as to whether our dream of a new home would ever materialise. I now believe that every effort is being made to make sure that when it does come up for discussion at the DCC meeting, every possible hiccup has been addressed and that no stone is left unturned to give it every chance of success

The Hilton Hotels link gives the project added impetus at a significant time and we can only hope that this whole project comes to a positive conclusion in the next 2-3 months.

Back