• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've been following Southend since 1978, and the first game I paid to get into (and didn't climb over the wall into the North bank toilets) was for the opening league game of the 78/9 season vs Chester.

I've followed and dipped into the shrimper zone site , and can personally identify with the tales of all of the contributors of the speculation, the failures and occasional successes...home defeats, fantastic away days , that we have all been through as shrimpers fans over the years...

I'm posting as a newbie to the site now, having returned to the fold as a more regular supporter, in part as my my 15 year old son has the Southend bug and is experiencing all the different emotions that I did so many years ago..

I'm pleased I got something right in getting him to support his local team, He now realises ,you get so much more out of it by following your local team, than from following a 'big' club from afar...and he's also pleased that you also get false notes to excuse you from school early so you can go to Bury on a Tuesday night....

seeing him so upset at Morecambe, and then so thrilled after the Wembley win, brings it home to me that he is now living and making his own footballing memories, and that Southend will always be his, and our team, can't ask for anymore ..UTB.

I've been following Southend since 1978, and the first game I paid to get into (and didn't climb over the wall into the North bank toilets) was for the opening league game of the 78/9 season vs Chester.

I've followed and dipped into the shrimper zone site , and can personally identify with the tales of all of the contributors of the speculation, the failures and occasional successes...home defeats, fantastic away days , that we have all been through as shrimpers fans over the years...

I'm posting as a newbie to the site now, having returned to the fold as a more regular supporter, in part as my my 15 year old son has the Southend bug and is experiencing all the different emotions that I did so many years ago..

I'm pleased I got something right in getting him to support his local team, He now realises ,you get so much more out of it by following your local team, than from following a 'big' club from afar...and he's also pleased that you also get false notes to excuse you from school early so you can go to Bury on a Tuesday night....

seeing him so upset at Morecambe, and then so thrilled after the Wembley win, brings it home to me that he is now living and making his own footballing memories, and that Southend will always be his, and our team, can't ask for anymore ..UTB.

It's so nice to think that we've brought our kids up to support Southend as their only team. My two boys, similar ages to your son are Southend United through and through, with no real interest in following any premier league side. One a season ticket holder and the other soon to be. It will be the start of a life long commitment that will no doubt have its highs and lows over the years.

BTW Welcome to the zone.

Back