• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greebosan

Manager⭐
No doubt this has been done to death before, but I thought it was about time that we banded together to honor our players (past and present) through the traditional medium of the Japanese Haiku. What could be more appropriate than a rigidly structured word image all the way from feudal Japan?

Apparently this sort of thing goes down a storm at Grampus 8.

Just when you thought things couldn't get more fun or exciting - how about if we guess which player is being immortalized? Strap in Shrimpers, it's going to be a wild ride.

Here's a couple to get you started, answers on a postcard please.

Unlimited force
Channeled by head to leather
Net bulges again.

Nipping at their heels
Battling midfield general
Little man syndrome?

Corr and Macormack? Or Big Bill Garner?

Little team battle
Crowd roar in disbelief
Scotsman's day ruined

As i have recently acquired an uncanny knack for anticipating your chess moves (about time) - I will hazard a guess at Mr Corr & Mr Timlin.

I have not posted any Japanese Poems here as I got confused with that other thread on this forum - you know the one "What is Haiku you off today".

Greebosan the Shrimper
Creates interesting thread.
Can't spell honouring.

Doh.

Last edited:
Back