• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooters

Joolz

Coach⭐
So it looks as if the proposed Hooters in Southend is no more. Instead it would appear we are getting yet another bland Indian/Chinese/Thai chain restuarant. Anyone in the know as to why?

Hooters still has the go ahead, i walked pat there about 10 days ago and there were permission to build it letters in the windows

Hooters still has the go ahead, i walked pat there about 10 days ago and there were permission to build it letters in the windows

I walk past it twice a day (you can understand why I'm disappointed) and I'm sure the letters had changed to something else. I'll double check tonight and report back.

The last bit I read in the Echo weeks ago was Hooters were having trouble with some aspects of the lease and would be opening late summer. Just in time for chilly nips.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Totally naked bar opening in MK with totally naked waitresses :p

What's that Andee, you are going to get a deal so all SZFC members get cheap drinks and first dibs on the waitresses. Now thats what i call a chairman.

What's that Andee, you are going to get a deal so all SZFC members get cheap drinks and first dibs on the waitresses. Now thats what i call a chairman.

I played against a team a few years ago who were sponsored by the Fantasy Channel.... Maybe Hooters should be approached to see whether they are interested in some sponsorship. Could be a good after match meeting point on a Sunday.....

I played against a team a few years ago who were sponsored by the Fantasy Channel.... Maybe Hooters should be approached to see whether they are interested in some sponsorship. Could be a good after match meeting point on a Sunday.....

As well as a venue for Committee meetings on the Mondays ;)

Bambi who knows what will happen now that Stringfellow is on board. :D

I went down that way a few days ago for a closer look at the planning application, the Chinese restaurant is going UPSTAIRS, where the pool shack used to be.

Talking of new chinese restaurants in town, has anyone tried out the new Chinese buffet place next to Varsity yet? It's slap bang below where I work but I literally can't be bothered to try it out myself, heard very mixed reviews so far.

Last edited:
Back