• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chris wood

Youth Team
32 years of wait to see my beloved Southend run out at wembley (something i never thought would ever happen)
32000 shrimpers what a day we had instore.
The tube ride to wembley park was superb( david crown talking to me about his glory days) things were so perfect in my Blue World.
The walk into the stadium im in Wembley watching my team how great it was to be.

Then for me the greatest day was soon to be turning into a wet squib or a splattered shrimp!
During the last 15 mins before kick off it was getting apparant to me there was to be a poor athmosphere in the ground due to the many day trippers and boy how rite was i to be.
In block 130 there were only around 10 or so of us trying to get things going... little pockets of songs trying to burst out from all around us but no real burst from this massive 32000 support.
What made it worse was the performance or lack of it on the pitch in all truth we was awful, awful support awful game.
The top of it all was around 30 West Ham supporters who were next to me taking the **** out of my team.
So pi££ed off i leave 10mins early only to get on the train with around another 6 West Ham day trip Shrimpers who were only interested in the Liverpool Spammers result.
Give me 5-7000 true shrimpers infront of the other 25000 or so that turned up today any day.
Also if we ever get a chance to go to a big match again then sell tickets to voucher holders on a priority then you will get the real southend fans all sitting together.
Grrrrr rant over
Still love my BLUES!

Wasn't helped by people not interested in singing or backing the team in anyway in the'TBV' section found it strange that people was being told to sit down by fellow 'supporters'

Seriously why buy tickets in the designated singing area when you have no interest in doing so

Majority of people who went today won't go normally so won't be as inclined to sing.

Wasn't helped by people not interested in singing or backing the team in anyway in the'TBV' section found it strange that people was being told to sit down by fellow 'supporters'

Seriously why buy tickets in the designated singing area when you have no interest in doing so

well said, me and my mates (all st holders) stand north each game singing all the time, go most away aslong as we can and id say only another 200 people, max can say the same. yet at wembley a block holds around 600 people yet when we bought ours on fist day, they had sold out of 133, to me those stats do not add up and i think it will be the same for more people. we would have stood and sung our hearts out all game but instead we get some day tripper give my mate abuse for jumping up a few times in support of his team (surely if you cant see, you could ask politely instead of swearing at at 16 year old?) whilst people sit and dont sing in the TBV area.

I think that the performance really didn't help! All the day trippers came to jump on the band wagon and when we went 1-0 down just sat in silence and didnt fancy gettig involved, almost like they expected us to score before they wanted to get involved. I was trying my hardest to get stuff going and there were little bursts of people joining in but in the vast sea of day trippers nothing could get going.
But don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the day at wembley and fully expected to lose at the start of the day.

It was also still an emotional sight to see us nearly pack out our end (albeit a lot of day trippers)

Last time I checked its possible to sing sitting down. In fact I did that for most of the game today

I get that people like to stand. And they like to sing standing up. But personally I think it's bloody rude to stand in front of someone, irrespective of where they've bought a ticket. It's fine at away matches with unallocated sitting, but when people have a particular seat then I think it's only reasonable that people sit down if asked by someone behind them.

Here we go again, the "Neutral" supporters taking a bashing again form the so called "Real" SUFC supporters!!!

So we blame the crowd who paid their hard earned cash to watch this trash?

This is their job, and they did it very badly and the gulf between League 1 and 2 was there for all to see!

So us supporters who refused to sing are responsible for the complete lack of ideas, decent tackles, decent passes from the lads in blue.

Get real and get over this "Neutral" bashing it is boring!!!!!

Personally I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad. You're never going to really get everyone singing together, but our corner section were up for it and the crowd was pretty loud, and looked amazing. It went quiet after the goals but picked up towards the end of both halves

Here we go again, the "Neutral" supporters taking a bashing again form the so called "Real" SUFC supporters!!!

So we blame the crowd who paid their hard earned cash to watch this trash?

This is their job, and they did it very badly and the gulf between League 1 and 2 was there for all to see!

So us supporters who refused to sing are responsible for the complete lack of ideas, decent tackles, decent passes from the lads in blue.

Get real and get over this "Neutral" bashing it is boring!!!!!

bashing is a bit harsh, the point generaly being made is that we could probably have made more noise if the 4-5,000 who go each week sat or stood together to get the rest of the people going+i think its clearly obvious to all that, the times of their goals were going to affect the atmosphere.

Yes, bashing is a bit harsh but as a 40 year long + supporter who has never sung at games the singing is largely irrelevant to me personally.

Our team always "Freezes" on the big occasion and even in front of their own fans at home so today was not a big surprise.

We do well with small noisy groups of fans at away games but these are professional players who did not to their job today before any atmosphere got going.

I know we are all different but for me It was Southend at Wembley we shouldnt of needed the team to play well to get us going we should have all been in party mood and sung our hearts out for the boys.
After all the daytrippers were so eager to get their tickets the question is why so eager?
You could have watched it in silence sitting down in your armchair at home but they choose to come and supposedly support the team so why didnt they make some noise?
Baffles me but one thing is for sure we will be down to around 4-5000 for our next home game and the same plastic supporters will be back if we get a good cup draw next season.

If you have an issue with bandwagon jumpers, just console yourself with the fact that they all paid for tickets (maybe some official merchandise too) and that a percentage of that revenue has/will come to our penniless and endangered football club.

Someone explain the point in 'THE BLUE VOICE' section when everyone sits down. Think the drum would've helped, but TrueBlue has explained the reasons on another forum. Shame really, from a personal point of view, I don't see why people pay to watch football and don't sing. Most of the fans just moan.

Wembley is never loud get over it, thought we did okay considering.

I do feel your frustration though...when I went to see England it was ten times quieter with a full stadium

Back