• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do i vote?

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Simple question.

How do i vote ? Never voted before but want to this time. I am on the electoral role as i pay council tax etc, but i havent received a voting card.

What do i need to do.

Thanks

Simple question.

How do i vote ? Never voted before but want to this time. I am on the electoral role as i pay council tax etc, but i havent received a voting card.

What do i need to do.

Thanks

Just because you pay council tax doesn't mean you are registered to vote. The alst day for registration was 20th April. As Firestorm says there's the "how to vote" website, but it won't get you registered if you are past the date.

I think you need to call your local council and check your situation.
As a warning to others just because you pay council tax etc, don't assume you are registered to vote.

What the funk. I assumed if you pay rent council tax water rates etc etc then i would be on the council register for voting

Simple question.

What do i need to do.

Thanks

You go to the polling station and stand in either the red (Labour), blue (Conservative), yellow (Lib Dem) or rights for whites only (BNP) circle.

When the polls close at 10pm they count everyone in each circle and then you all go down the pub.

Someone said i can go down and vote on the day providing i have proof of id and residency etc . Is that the case?

What the funk. I assumed if you pay rent council tax water rates etc etc then i would be on the council register for voting

Sorry mate, and others just don't make that assumption. As far as I am aware Castle Point council have sent voter registration forms to all properties in the constituency. The onus is on you to complete and return the form to the council detailing all those over the age of 18 from a certain date.

Sorry mate, and others just don't make that assumption. As far as I am aware Castle Point council have sent voter registration forms to all properties in the constituency. The onus is on you to complete and return the form to the council detailing all those over the age of 18 from a certain date.

And the moral of the story is not to assume that everything that comes through your door that looks like junk mail actually is!

Someone said i can go down and vote on the day providing i have proof of id and residency etc . Is that the case?

Sorry no chance, you need to speak to the council and see if you can get registered. As I said in my earlier post this should have been done by 20th April, so I don't rate your chances, but good luck all the same.

Afraid not. You need a "voter number" that is recorded when you come into get a ballot card so there's no duplication of votes. I think the deadline was a few weeks ago.

Looks like i wont be voting then. I am in castle point and they definately didnt send anything through my door apart from a nice bailiff letter for non payment of council tax which i have sorted this morning.

Was for a previous property and i time i didnt even live there. Even when i produced my tenancy agreement they still werent going to change it.

No wonder i didnt get my voting application.

Looks like i wont be voting then. I am in castle point and they definately didnt send anything through my door apart from a nice bailiff letter for non payment of council tax which i have sorted this morning.

Was for a previous property and i time i didnt even live there. Even when i produced my tenancy agreement they still werent going to change it.

No wonder i didnt get my voting application.

As a fellow Castle Point resident I know I got my registration form, it's possible as OBL said you thought it was junk mail. I still say you should call the council and see if it's not too late to register.

Back