• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
...for us to beat Aldershot on their own ground to practically condemn them to relegation after the floodlight failure last season which many believe cost us promotion?

They are bottom, with Torquay and Barnet above them. They have to play each other. If we win, Aldershot will be 4 points plus some serious goal difference (aside from Wimbledon) from safety with two games to play. They will need to win both of their last games against Dagenham at home and Rotherham away plus hope that at least two of Barnet, Torquay, Wimbledon, York and Plymouth get less than 2 points from their last 2 games in order to stay up.

It's karma people... back the Blues to win, it's written in the stars. Aldershot have it coming.

Yep, that's my ONLY reservation. If it's a choice between Aldershot, Barnet or AFC to go down...........no brainer. However, if it's between them, York or Plymouth??? :unsure:
No brainer for me as I've a fondness for York and Plymouth, my furthest and nearest away games this season (respectively).

I knew what you were going to say about Plymouth. :smile:.........of course this all academic as there is still a mathematical chance we won't be in League Two next season! :winking:

No brainer for me as I've a fondness for York and Plymouth, my furthest and nearest away games this season (respectively).

2 grounds I'd like to get to when finances allow. If I could choose who were to go down it would be Aldershot and Torquay, two clubs I hold in absolutely zero affection.. How the heck could Torquay decide their ground was waterlogged as late as they did on Saturday? Bit of gamesmanship to get their games out of sync with everyone else's?

2 grounds I'd like to get to when finances allow. If I could choose who were to go down it would be Aldershot and Torquay, two clubs I hold in absolutely zero affection.. How the heck could Torquay decide their ground was waterlogged as late as they did on Saturday? Bit of gamesmanship to get their games out of sync with everyone else's?

It's the referee's decision not the clubs.

Sturrock lost 4 out of 5 games against Aldershot, and never defeated them in the league.

If Brown masterminds victory against them I'll go out and get a quad spray tan to celebrate.

What a ludicrous suggestion. Torquay did not decide that the pitch was waterlogged. That is the prerogative of the appointed match official, in this case, Andy Woolmer. The match will now be played tomorrow so they are not going to be out of step for long !

It's the referee's decision not the clubs.

What a ludicrous suggestion. Torquay did not decide that the pitch was waterlogged. That is the prerogative of the appointed match official, in this case, Andy Woolmer. The match will now be played tomorrow so they are not going to be out of step for long !
Seemed a ridiculously late call, Barnet's supporters must have arrived by the time it was called off!

Seemed a ridiculously late call, Barnet's supporters must have arrived by the time it was called off!

"14mm of rain fell in three hours between 10am and 1pm, which made the pitch unplayable"

Not much the ref could do about that unfortunately.

"14mm of rain fell in three hours between 10am and 1pm, which made the pitch unplayable"

Hmmm, freak weather conditions then. Ok, I'll let them off on this. Still don't like them though!

Too right, Woolmer would have been in risk of drowning.

...for us to beat Aldershot on their own ground to practically condemn them to relegation after the floodlight failure last season which many believe cost us promotion?

They are bottom, with Torquay and Barnet above them. They have to play each other. If we win, Aldershot will be 4 points plus some serious goal difference (aside from Wimbledon) from safety with two games to play. They will need to win both of their last games against Dagenham at home and Rotherham away plus hope that at least two of Barnet, Torquay, Wimbledon, York and Plymouth get less than 2 points from their last 2 games in order to stay up.

It's karma people... back the Blues to win, it's written in the stars. Aldershot have it coming.

Have I missed something - surely the floodlights failing wasn't a deliberate ploy to stop us getting 3 points was it? Seems a little childish to hold a grudge over what was just one of those things that happens now and again in football?

Where does all the hatred come from towards Aldershot? Assume there must be more to the floodlight failure than meets the eye? Can anyone fill me in?

Have I missed something - surely the floodlights failing wasn't a deliberate ploy to stop us getting 3 points was it? Seems a little childish to hold a grudge over what was just one of those things that happens now and again in football?

Where does all the hatred come from towards Aldershot? Assume there must be more to the floodlight failure than meets the eye? Can anyone fill me in?

I think it's more down to the FA ruling than Aldershot. IIRC we were 1-0 up at half time and had a man advantage, and if the rearranged fixture were to carry on from that point rather than start again, then I doubt there would have been as many complaints.

Also I think they refused to refund tickets to away fans.

I think it's more down to the FA ruling than Aldershot. IIRC we were 1-0 up at half time and had a man advantage, and if the rearranged fixture were to carry on from that point rather than start again, then I doubt there would have been as many complaints.

Also I think they refused to refund tickets to away fans.

Ohhh - Cheers, that's fair enough then. I thought there must be more to it - it would be very unlike Zoners to hold an irrational grudge :smile:

A lot of their fans are generally quite scummy. I was walking back to the station minding my own business after our pathetic 2-0 defeat there last year and some middle aged woman came up, waved her scarf in my face and shouted 'floodlights!' so, just for her, I hope we send them down.

Back