• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How Manure Won Today (Adult Content)

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
After watching our friend Bennett again today, I thought I'd revive the link I put on here a few months back!

People wonder whether the game is corrupt & after a blatantly biased big team performance by Bennett today, it just adds fuel to those thoughts! To say he was woeful is being polite. He was shockingly poor.

Anyway, heres the link to how I think it went!! BTW I know it refers to the Liverpool game, but you get the idea!

http://i30.tinypic.com/294lzys.gif

Scholes should have been sent off for a second booking, but Bennett lets him off

Misses Ferdinand's hand ball, lets Scholes off a second booking (I am as certain as it is possible to be that had Scholes not already been booked he would have seen yellow for that barge) and then awards Man U a penalty that was far from clear cut. Three big decisions that swung the game completely. Desperately poor is a polite way of putting it. I can't post what I actually think......

I wish reporters would remind Fergie of them decisions made today when he moans about one going against his team next season.

scholes should have got a second yellow, but he also had a stone wall pen turned down. ferdinand didn't hand ball it, it hit the top of his arm. steve bennett is a crap ref but i don't think he is biased

I stopped watching the NBA when the level of bias towards the biggest teams and players got to the point where it simply undermined any semblence of fair competition. You could count the number of Premiership games I've seen this season on your fingers (and have some to spare) for exactly the same reason.

The only way anything will ever be done about it is if the Premeirship is called on this cr@p and ridiculed for it. Unfortunately our media have their collective tongues so far up Taggart's backside that it just isn't going to happen.

scholes should have got a second yellow, but he also had a stone wall pen turned down. ferdinand didn't hand ball it, it hit the top of his arm. steve bennett is a crap ref but i don't think he is biased

If he had received the second yellow he wouldn't have been on the pitch to be fouled in the box.

And I can't agree, and nor do the Sky pundits or the BBC pundits - they all think it was handball - and the top of your arm IS handball.

If he had received the second yellow he wouldn't have been on the pitch to be fouled in the box.

And I can't agree, and nor do the Sky pundits or the BBC pundits - they all think it was handball - and the top of your arm IS handball.

I don't agree that the top of your arm is handball, i would say it hit him on the shoulder and it would have been harsh. either way i don't think the reply was particularly conclusive, and none of the wigan players appealed which said a lot too, as they have 100percent against man utd and made it a really good game

But its the laws of the game that count not someone elses opinion, it IS handball

in the end the laws aren't very clear and so where does the arm end and shoulder begin!?

IMO, the outside of your shoulder is handball... but the top of your shoulder/chest isn't. Rio made a movement to try to shoulder the ball away with his chest but it MAY have instead grazed the side of his shoulder. The video replay looks like this may have happened but seeing as none of the wigan players appealed and at full speed, the ref probably made the fairest call

Back