• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
I thought we was only allowed 20 players in a match day squad but I keep counting 22 excluding Barker so just how many do we have and are we breaking any rules .

well we have 3 keepers 8 defenders 8mid field 4 strikers that adds up to 23 players how can this be .

Im sure Phil brown knows the rule book inside out .I seemed to rember reading somewhere that the kids that he has given contract to don't count if they haven't played first team football .

think it was mohsni who couldn't start in 2010 because of not being registered and he joined well before 2 days before the first game.

I understand if any of the squad, have never played a league or major cup gane they dont count.

If this is true then surely they cannot play until we are able to sign more than the 20 players? Once they have a competetive game under their belt this rule will be exempt?

I understand if any of the squad, have never played a league or major cup gane they dont count.

What would happen, if the players that haven't played a league or major cup game played in the first game of the season?
i.e. Would the new players registration be recinded?

What would happen, if the players that haven't played a league or major cup game played in the first game of the season?

League rules are usually not that vague. When specifying a condition of registration they usually specify a period. It would be worded something like ... "players that have not played a competitive first team fixture prior to league commencement".

I'm on my phone so can't look up the actual ruling but my assumption is that, the restriction would mean we can register players for the coming season upto 20 plus any players that have not played a league game prior to Saturday on top of that 20. After Saturday is irrelevant as the players would already be registered.

Which would be Chambers, Auger and Payne.

No. It's just a bar on registering new players.

Where it could get complicated is if we enter the season with 19 players with first team experience - we then wouldn't be able to bring on Payne if we were planning on signing Forte and were still under embargo.

Back