• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many more bad performances before Ron makes a change ?

Powell as to go with those hamster's

Dean Austin and mark Bentley please untill end season

If you think someone with pace is better suited at present along side Cox the Ba has pace, i remember when he first came to the club in preseason friendlies i do believe he scored twice, Pace is his asset perhaps try him along side Cox what we got to lose nothing as we are losing just about every week now.Worth a try.

He should change it right now. I thought the humiliating display at home to 10 men was the final straw. Don't understand how he thinks changing nothing and expecting a different result Saturday will work. I'd fancy anyone in league 2 to beat us at the moment. We're not just bad we're embarrassing.

Anything less than a win on Saturday and I think a change just has to be made.

I honestly don’t think he’ll be sacked before the end of the season now. If we go down I’d say if anything he’s more likely to go in the summer, allowing a new man a rebuild to his own liking.

I honestly don’t think he’ll be sacked before the end of the season now. If we go down I’d say if anything he’s more likely to go in the summer, allowing a new man a rebuild to his own liking.

Completely agree with this.

When Ron sacked Phil Brown (17th January) and signed Chris Powell (23rd January) he had an extra 2 months to turn it around, then say, any new manager would currently have if we sacked him tonight.

I'm presuming Ron built a relegation release clause in his contract, I Can't see Ron paying out this season until the writing is on the wall...... And if we did survive the drop, it would more likely depend on the first 10 games results of next season.

Last edited:
Personally I don’t think Ron will axe Powell. Not yet anyway.

Whatever league we’re in next season, Powell will be given 10 games max, and the decision will be made then.

From the first 7 games after Chris Powell got us 14 points. I might be worth a punt getting someone else in. There players will up their game as they will all be playing for a new contract and wanting to stay in a new managers team.

The cost of sacking Powell is less that the loss of revenue falling into league 2.

I just can't get my head around it anymore.

Personally I don’t think Ron will axe Powell. Not yet anyway. Whatever league we’re in next season, Powell will be given 10 games max, and the decision will be made then.

Despite his statement earlier in the week, I can’t see Ron letting Powell take us down. Will he press the button this week, or will he sees what happens against Shrewsbury? He’s delaying because it’s tight at the bottom of the league and all we need is a win. I think he’s hoping Powell gets one. I’d have pressed the button after Scunthorpe.

Let's face it ,almost all the players just aren't up for it and show no aggression and fight....we have no organisation, pace and even struggle to make simple passes.11 home defeats and even our last win against Gillingham was a fluke.We set up looking like a away side trying to snatch a odd goal win and looked frightened.
Last week against Wimbledon a must win showed CP hasn't got what's needed in this situation.Steve Thompson is a classic example of what a fresh face and tactics can do at this stage.
This season is reminiscent of our relegation season when Ron didn't pay the players and due to finances sent us down

Let's face it ,almost all the players just aren't up for it and show no aggression and fight....we have no organisation, pace and even struggle to make simple passes.11 home defeats and even our last win against Gillingham was a fluke.We set up looking like a away side trying to snatch a odd goal win and looked frightened.
Last week against Wimbledon a must win showed CP hasn't got what's needed in this situation.Steve Thompson is a classic example of what a fresh face and tactics can do at this stage.
This season is reminiscent of our relegation season when Ron didn't pay the players and due to finances sent us down

The right fresh face perhaps. Remind me of what happened again to ST after he left us?

"Reminiscent" certainly for those of us with long enough memories but not really the same.

You can't really be a yo-yo side unless you get relegated occasionally.Remember our last relegation season was back in 2010.

If we’re taking (reportedly) the 5th highest wage bill in div1 down to div2 with us, that can’t be healthy either.

Only positive I can see is that our run-in is pretty kind (other than Sunderland) and more favourable than almost all of the other teams involved in this dogfight. Problem is I can’t even see us beating the Dog & Duck at the moment....

Back