• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How ownership should and could work

SuperBlue

This is a fantastic article from Forsters discussing the implications of the "Golden Share" in football clubs.

It strikes a chord with the current situation at SUFC and for those who are eagle eyed i would point you to this:

"As a Brentford fan I’m very proud that our owner voluntarily offered up a veto right over the sale of the stadium to the supporters’ group, to show his commitment to the club and its history"

Have a read, this is true ownership from an owner who genuinely loves and supports there club.

This is interesting ....

it is basically a commercial Legal firm marketing/pitching for the business from any fans led consortiums .

Would be great except Rons already snatched all the golden shares

I have quite a few shares having pitched in a 4 figure sum to help us keep afloat but unfortunately they are worth booger all !!

Tracey Crouch is our local Chatham MP, highly respected from across the party spectrums

Here is a brief excerpt from her Late July letter to Oliver Dowden , Minister for Sport on her interim report on Football Governence. Sha also urges an independent Regulator, You can read her interim report on the Government website

It has been an incredible experience to hear from so many different football stakeholders. But it is the voice of fans that has been the loudest and clearest. Although I have been involved with football all my life, as have many members of the Panel, it was truly eye opening and educational to hear the experience of fans first-hand. I have huge respect for their passion, talent and commitment to their clubs. It is often said that football without fans is nothing. It is no exaggeration to say that a number of clubs would not exist today had it not been for the activism of their fans in driving positive change. Its fans are a strength of our national game that should be both cherished and nurtured. I

The notion of a golden share and veto powers attached to them would have to be gifted from Ron back to the fans. Ultimately it will probably never happen given how he as gone about the development from day one.

At Brentford you are dealing with an incredibly, incredibly successful entrepreneur. In Ron we have a chancer who had very, very little money to put into the club.

Come the conclusion of Ron's Project one can only hope he then gifts the stadium back to the club. Look at the likes of Oldham, Swindon, issues at Charlton, Notts County the list is endless for reference of clubs who end up having to pay rent on their stadium to a landlord who is not in the football club. It does not work long term. Why you may ask? Because the idea there will be any revenue from this stadium outside of football is quite frankly idiotic and the profit made of the development will be so large that a £15m stadium will be a drop in the ocean.

A stadium rented off a landlord who does not own the football club is not a future but another noose around the neck of the club.

The notion of a golden share and veto powers attached to them would have to be gifted from Ron back to the fans. Ultimately it will probably never happen given how he as gone about the development from day one.
SuperBlue

if Tracey C. has her way, Mr. Martin will have to do as he's told.

Back