• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united we stand

Life President
All
I don't know how well known the below is , 'solidarity payments was mentioned in the Port vale thread. It mennt nothing to me so I quickly googled it and thought it might be of interest to offers. Full details are in the link but summary is below. I know The EPL is effectively giving away a very very small percentage of what it gets but its good to know that amount is increasing with their new deal -- however I also appreciate that there are proabably arguments that the amounts are still insulting.

Excluding parachute payments (and the numbers/% given here dont mathematically don't add up to me) the EPL is giving away 6.5% of the income (£90 million) from UK TV rights, Including worldwide rights would obvioulsy reduce the payments

Premier League Solidarity Payments to FL clubs: 2013/14-2015/16 v 2016/17-2018/19

Solidarity Payments to FL clubs, based on agreement with Football League (wtih no existing formula/mechanism) for 2013/14-2015/16
FL Championship clubs: £2.3million/season
FL League One clubs: £360,000/season
FL League Two clubs: £240,000/season

Illustration of Solidarity Payments to Football League clubs if new agreement (from 2016/17) were in place now. Based on a % of Year 3 Parachute Payments
FL Championship clubs: £3million/season
FL League One clubs: £450,000/season
FL League Two clubs: £300,000/season

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/020615-premier-league-to-increase-football-league-solidarity-payments.html

Last edited: