• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Huddersfield splashing the cash

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Huddersfield have just signed Lionel Ainsworth and Anthony Pilkington for undisclosed fees, but will probably total over £1m.

Pilkington was rumoured to be on his way to Preston for £600,000 or so and Ainsworth was also attracting Championship interest. They must have really flung the cash at them. Rumour has it as well that they've bid nearly £1m for Paul Gallagher and they've also had a bid of £500,000 rejected for Simon Cox.

The Man City of League 1! What credit crunch?

Pilkington was class at Stockport last week, Huddersfield are really going for it this season

I don't really understand it though. Perhaps I've had my eyes closed, but I don't ever recall seeing they had new financial backers etc?

I don't really understand it though. Perhaps I've had my eyes closed, but I don't ever recall seeing they had new financial backers etc?

New chairman was installed at the end of last/beginning of this season which saw the previous chairman step down. This was why they were able to afford the Season Ticket discount scheme.

Lucky, thats two quality players there, come on Ron follow suit you know it makes sense.

At the start of the season, Huddersfields new Chairman, dropped the price of the season tickets and said if they sold X amount of season tickets (I believe it was around 16,000) then the manager would have X amount of money to spend on players.

Thats why they brought in Gary Roberts at the start of the season from Ipswich, plus Chris Lucketti from Sheff Utd.

Pilkington and Ainsworth are very good signings and Gallagher and Cox would be a decent pairing in this division.

Huddersfield's crowd tonight v Hartlepool was only 9,294 not a bad crowd for a Tuesday night game in January. But when you consider they have nearly 17,000 season ticket holders that means that 8,000 season ticket holders decided not to go.

It makes you wonder if their £100 season ticket deal was worth it as on average 5,000 ticket go unused each week and some have never been used, O.K. they have increased their average crowd and they must be selling more stuff on match days but even when they offered £2 tickets for adults they could only get a 13,000 crowd. Lets face it almost every Huddersfield fan must be a season ticket holder so even offering £2 tickets is not going to get many extra fans.

It's strange because if you look at their rivals Bradford City who also offer cheap season tickets almost all of their 13,000 season ticket holders turn up each week.

Apart from the initial £1.7 million from season tickets Huddersfield have had hardly any match ticket revenue all season. They have spent loads on transfer deals & wages and probably won't even make the play-offs. I hope their new chairman/owner is very rich because they must be losing shed loads of money.

Back