• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hume Fractured Skull

Pubey

Being in sheffield this is kicking off a bit, I'm looking forward to 5-a-side later when I play with a Blades fan and a Barnsley fan!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S6adTWYDoa4

That's disgraceful, and I reckon Morgan is going to have a long ban. Blades seem to love him for his no nonsense defending and 'hard man' image, but most other football fans just see him as a thug.

Best wishes to Ian Hume

It didn't look that bad to me, but egg-shell skull rule and all that.

he's not jumping and he has flung his arm out to purposely 'do' Hume. There is no need for him to fling his arm, especially as the ball isn't even close!

No excuse for the actual challenge, but Hume seems to have developed a rather unsavoury reputation since he moved from Tranmere. I wonder if that's why guys like Morgan give him a hard time. There was a game for Leicester on Sky last year and you'd have thought Hume was Argentinian by the quality of his diving & play-acting!

he's not jumping and he has flung his arm out to purposely 'do' Hume. There is no need for him to fling his arm, especially as the ball isn't even close!

Sorry, should have made myself clearer. I was talking about the injury, not the intent.

It's challenges like this, which filters down to all the problems happening in grass roots football.

I love a tough, physical game of football on the weekend, and think referees are far too quick to clamp down and think football's a bit too "touch football" these days. However assault, and that's exactly what it is, should result in not just a ban on the pitch, but a ban from society for a few months. Absolutely no place in football for things like that. That "move" is not even allowed in a boxing ring.

Morgan should hope he pulls through, as otherwise based on what I've viewed in that clip, assault can easily be upgraded.

The incident is terrible.
However as the ref punished Morgan with a Yellow surely the FA can't do anything. I'm sure we've had cases before where the FA have been supposedly powerless coz the ref has shown a card, correct me if i'm wrong. This is surely also a police matter.

The incident is terrible.
However as the ref punished Morgan with a Yellow surely the FA can't do anything. I'm sure we've had cases before where the FA have been supposedly powerless coz the ref has shown a card, correct me if i'm wrong. This is surely also a police matter.

Yeah your right they can't do anything, how he could only give a yellow card is beyond me?

Did Peter Cech Suffer a similar injury?

If he it is then he will be out for a long time

But it a very dirty elbow to the face.

Should be stamping these things out of the game.

I'd have thought there's a very good case for criminal assault there and God forbid anything worse follows. Terrible challenge, Morgan lead with the elbow all the way with the clear intention in my eyes of "hurting" Hume.

Its the whole Ben Thacther elbow on Pedro Mendes all over again. Both of these players should be kicked out of football! Absolutley disgraceful tackles and they should never be allowed to play again. I mean for god sake if either Pedro Mendes or Ian Hume had of died they would be standing in front of the man with the curly wig on murder/manslaughter charges.

However as the ref punished Morgan with a Yellow surely the FA can't do anything

So their hands are tied because of their own stupid rules. This Morgan fella is the same one who was banned for 3 matches after striking Robin Van Persie in the chest when the ball was in the other half. The bloke only had the front to say Van Persie was a prima donna for not shaking his hand at the end of the game.

As Einstein says, you cant beat a good hard game of football, but this geezer is a prove thug and should be kicked out of the game.

They were discussing this on talk sport and apparently Neil Warnock's view was Hulme ran into the elbow. They were also asking Morgan to phone in with his side of it but he obviously didn't.

It didn't look that bad to me, but egg-shell skull rule and all that.

But the entire force of the swung arm is impacting via the tip of the elbow on a very small part of the skull, creating a massive force at that point - much higher than you could manage with a fist, for instance. That that obviously deliberate, malicious blow fractured his skull isn't suprising, and you wouldn't need a Blair Peach eggshell skull either.

Quite rightly the use of the elbow is regarded extremely seriously by the FA, sadly the Ref clearly doesn't understand that. I do hope Barnsley take the thug to court.

So their hands are tied because of their own stupid rules. This Morgan fella is the same one who was banned for 3 matches after striking Robin Van Persie in the chest when the ball was in the other half. The bloke only had the front to say Van Persie was a prima donna for not shaking his hand at the end of the game.

As Einstein says, you cant beat a good hard game of football, but this geezer is a prove thug and should be kicked out of the game.

They were discussing this on talk sport and apparently Neil Warnock's view was Hulme ran into the elbow. They were also asking Morgan to phone in with his side of it but he obviously didn't.

:nope: What little regard I had for Colin has gone with that comment. That is just extraordinary!

Yeah your right they can't do anything, how he could only give a yellow card is beyond me?

sorry but you're wrong. Remember Ben Thatcher was given a yellow initially. The FA can issue punishments under "extraordinary circumstances" which is what they did in the end with Thatcher

Last edited:
sorry but your wrong. Remember Ben Thatcher was given a yellow initially. The FA can issue punishments under "extraordinary circumstances" which is what they did in the end with Thatcher

Yeah I saw that this morning, whats the point of having the rule?

Back