• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't handle this

Beefy

Life President
Probably (definately) doesn't deserve a new topic, but for the second night in a row I've barely had any sleep as I'm too worried/excited about saturday. If it carries on like this then I dread to think what state I'll be in when the match finally gets here.

Oh for midtable mediocrity.

Anyone else too busy counting the seconds til kick off (267690 btw) to do anything else?

beefy

Dont worry mate - im the same - however the key points are they are crap away from home - if swansea lose then were pretty much promoted anyway and even if we lose we ony need to go Grimsby and win and should still be up....

Think those thoughts and you will be fine...

DtS

ASIF,

that is a good effort but i got 11 hours kip today
biggrin.gif

i prefer counting in mili seconds much more enjoyable!

it doesn't look like i am going to be at the game. I will be on the cricket field, and come in to see the score with about 10 minutes left. Don't get me wrong I will be thinking Southend when on the field of play!

I will get rather angry if the worse happens so hopefully we bowl second. OPENING BOWLER
mad.gif

Keep thinking of what will happen if we lose and then contrasting it with what happens if we win.

Worst thing is, I never saw the Yeovil away game so I don't really know what we're dealing with.

wow.gif

Yes, i am equally as nervous. It doesn't help that i keep looking at the table and fixtures every two minutes. I've just actually finished my own handy spreadsheet with the table and fixtures on cos it got to annoying keep flicking too and from one page to another on the net.
Sad, yes.
Bored, very.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 27 2005,12:40)]Probably (definately) doesn't deserve a new topic, but for the second night in a row I've barely had any sleep as I'm too worried/excited about saturday. If it carries on like this then I dread to think what state I'll be in when the match finally gets here.

Oh for midtable mediocrity.

Anyone else too busy counting the seconds til kick off (267690 btw) to do anything else?

Yepp... Can't come quickly enough, but I'm dreading it at the same time.

sad.gif

If anyone should be nervous it is them....

Coiming to Fortress Roots Hall in a terrbile run of form that means they cant even beat Kiddy.....

Champions, Champions - Can see me singing it now....

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 27 2005,12:47)]Keep thinking of what will happen if we lose and then contrasting it with what happens if we win.

Worst thing is, I never saw the Yeovil away game so I don't really know what we're dealing with.

wow.gif
I'm sure both sides have changed since that game - we've certainly got much stronger. Yeovil were by far the most impressive attacking outfit I've seen this season although we gave them a good game for an hour. I think we need to put emphasis on our attacking play to prevail this time around... I think it's time for the Gowers, Eastwoods and Grays to show just how good they are.

And remember for all the pessimists out there, for every Scarborough or LDV Final, there's been a Macclesfield or a Col U. It could go either way, impossible to predict. We need our star players to perform, a bit of luck here and there and we may just do it.

The most important thing for players and fans to do come Saturday is believe.

Crikey.

I both can't wait for the game to come around and I'm dreading it at the same time.
It'll be my first game since the Lincoln match (I've had to watch the rest via computer screen updates at god-knows what hour), and the dread comes from some of the worst nerves I've had about a football game in all my life!

BY 17:00 on Saturday, everyone will be put out of their misery... we'll either be celebrating our great victory and be top of the table (mine's a pint please bar-person and have one yourself) or we're half celebrating with a draw (mine's a pint please bar-person and have a half for yourself) or we're thoroughly jacked off at losing to the Glovers again (mine's a pint please bar-person and make it snappy!)

No Problem...
laugh.gif

Very nervous indeed, I am more nervous about failing to get a ticket for Grimsby when they go on general sale tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ April 27 2005,13:51)]Very nervous indeed, I am more nervous about failing to get a ticket for Grimsby when they go on general sale tomorrow.
Me too Clarky!
At least it's stopped me from panicking too much about Saturday, yet!!!

Well, this past week working in a care home, there has been one attempted murder, 2 attempted suicides, a heimlich manoeuvre employed to save one life and the ambulance called out the other night to deal with a suspected heart attack.

Puts just one football match pretty much on the back burner in comparison. I for one will not worry one bit about the result of the game beforehand. It's 5pm on Saturday that any worrying should be done
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 27 2005,13:03)]If anyone should be nervous it is them....

Coiming to Fortress Roots Hall in a terrbile run of form that means they cant even beat Kiddy.....

Champions, Champions -  Can see me singing it now....

DtS
We havnt lost for 3 games...were starting to turn it on again !

Teams like Kiddy who are fighting for survival are the hardest teams to beat this time of the season.

I would rather of been playing someone like Oxford who have nothing to play for
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GREENGRASS @ April 27 2005,23:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ April 27 2005,13:03)]If anyone should be nervous it is them....

Champions, Champions -  Can see me singing it now....

DtS
We havnt lost for 3 games...were starting to turn it on again !

Teams like Kiddy who are fighting for survival are the hardest teams to beat this time of the season.

I would rather of been playing someone like Oxford who have nothing to play for  
wink.gif
You got your ticket, Greengrass? I can't imagine that either set of fans is truly looking forward to this or feeling confident. I hope you have a great day on Saturday if you are coming, but because Scunny, Lincoln, Macc and the Swans all drop points, rather than you getting any!

wink.gif
upside.gif

Ill be there mate..& feeling confident !

Confident that both of us will soon be celebrating promotion.

Hopefully at 4.50pm saturday
smile.gif

Enjoy the day

Back