• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Didn't know that

When did Noel Whelan join Boston? Him and Joachim up front could score a few goals.

Whelan joined Boston in June from Aberdeen. They might score goals together but apparantly there is a real danger Boston may run out of money before Xmas!

Tinkler was a key part of that England U19 team, there's a famous team photo of him with Scholes, Neville etc. There was also an article about this in 4-4-2 Magazine a few months back with focus on one of the guys who was tipped for the top but is now a fork lift driver or something like that.

Always thought that other players could have gone instead of Tinks when Webby went through the squad with a scythe...
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ July 29 2005,16:08)]Always thought that other players could have gone instead of Tinks when Webby went through the squad with a scythe...
down.gif
Was part of that not the fact Tinkler was homesick though?
Either that or his wife/gf didn't like being down South.
He was also part of our huge drinking culture at that time too!

just out of interest did anyone know that the goalkeeper David Martin that is in the under 19 squad is the son of Alvin Martin?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jamesmut2000 @ July 29 2005,17:35)]just out of interest did anyone know that the goalkeeper David Martin that is in the under 19 squad is the son of Alvin Martin?
Is that true?
Blimey, now that is interesting & this thread DID teach me something new (seeing as I was already aware of Tinkler's input).

I take it he's no longer in football, like his old man then, well like his old man has been since July 97 actually, when we gave him a job!

Back