• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He did it all on his own, I do t think he needs any help :smile:

I actually did that in 1999 but only just came across it yesterday when I went through an old external 500mb hard drive. Wrote the HTML and created the Ani_GIF using MS Paint and GIF Animator. I even uploaded it to my old Blueyonder webspace for nostalgic reasons.

What does that mean ????

Can you be more specific?

The web page was a light hearted dig at our 6 fingered rivals. Yes I agree it is poor quality.

I did the animation and web page in about 15 minutes over 16 years ago when websites were mainly coded. I could have embedded some javascript elements to add a bit of p'zaz but I was playing on the PC whilst bouncing my toddler on my knee. By today's standards, that web page and the complexity of the elements is primary school stuff. But 16 years ago, websites were poor. At work back then, I used to use frames and had a fully searchable CGI-Bin for content retrieval. Today Dreamweaver and other applications make web design of the most basic content look reasonable.

The rationale for posting was purely down to the fact that I was in good spirits when I came home from Roots Hall and spotted that I had the old external hard drive attached to my laptop. I hope I have put a smile on one or two people's faces? At 46 years old, with kids leaving home and growing up fast, with the signs of aging starting to show and a ration book for "a bit of how's your father", I have to get my fix some way.

UTB :smile:

Back