• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Before the doom mongers take over tonight , I could not be more proud of where my team sit this season in L1.
Did not think we would be promoted last season - we were.
Thought we would be fighting relegation this season - we haven't been close.

Today wasn't great , but well done Brown and well done the team for where we are now.

If you don't agree with me ( as is your right ) then go and do one !

l love SUFC

The doom and gloom brigade can as you said rightfully "do one"... This league this year is so up and down, teams are loosing when they should win every week, there's no form team (that I can think of) st the moment. Relegation threatened teams taking points of playoff hopeful teams (not just us) it takes 2 or 3 results and your back in the mix. It's going to be close, it's going to be exciting, and after all... Look at us, then look at col ewe... I suggest the doom and gloom would've just lifted a touch.

This, as I have said before. (Not about the posters having to do one, we are all allowed our own views.)

I thought we would be fighting relegation at the start. So to be in the top half, and safe is great. We would all love to be fighting for another playoff spot, and its not over yet. But if its going to be midtable mediocrity at the end of the season, then I would take that over another league 2 playoff campaign again.

Last edited:
Can't judge today's performance as I was off doing family stuff again. I just feel I have to say that I'm loving this thread. Well said Danny.

Before the doom mongers take over tonight , I could not be more proud of where my team sit this season in L1.

Today wasn't great , but well done Brown and well done the team for where we are now.

l love SUFC

Agh that's nice !

However back in the real world we were dog poo,could be playing at midnight and still not score.

Brown is boring tactically and we got what we deserved...nothing.

If you are happy with the team and managers performance over the last two games then fair enough. Some of us have higher expectations and believe the team to be better than the last two performances. It's actually a positve than we are so disappointed as we believe we are better than that

Last edited:
Whether we thought we'd get promoted last year or whether we thought we'd be in this position is completely irrelevant and doesn't justify the completely hopless performance. It doesn't justify that PB decided to stick with the same stupid narrow system that couldn't break down 23rd placed Crewe on Tuesday. It doesn't justify the strange decision to put Hunt on for Worrall which left us completely exposed in the middle and gave them even more space than they already had.

Yes, we're in a better position than we would have expected at the start of the season that doesn't mean people have to blindly accept our awful form and can't comment on why we've been so useless.

Why bother starting a thread if you aren't willing to listen to any opinion that doesn't agree with your own?

I listened and told you to start your own negative post !
Why are you still here on a positive one ?
Go cuddle Mrs B !

What are your expectations? Do you think we should be top of the League, playing football like Barcelona, winning games comfortably every week or do you live in the real world and recognise that a fairly average side has massively overachieved.

It's all very well moaning, moaning, moaning and bringing everyone down with you, but frankly there isn't much for you to moan about. Yes, dreadful game on Tuesday, unfortunate today. Were you moaning after whacking Bury, Coventry or Colchester? No of course not.

Do you think there is someone out there who could do a better job than Phil Brown, someone who could have steered this team into a top 10 finish and no relegartion worries with two months to go?

Are you the sort of people who moan when we lose because "Phil hasn't changed the team" and the moan because we lost as "Phil changed the team"?

Do you think there is a kitty of millions that allow us to go an buy players who will improve what we have?

So I am really not sure what some of you expect. Yeah, we all like to play really well and win 3-0 - in the real world that doesn't happen. Yeah, Tuesday was poor, but we were better today and should have won.

I listened and told you to start your own negative post !
Why are you still here on a positive one ?
Go cuddle Mrs B !
Because this is a forum for discussing opinions. We've won 1 game in 6, some people would actually like to analyse why we've lost these games rather than explain it with expectations from a year ago that hold no relevance to where we are now.

Because this is a forum for discussing opinions. We've won 1 game in 6, some people would actually like to analyse why we've lost these games rather than explain it with expectations from a year ago that hold no relevance to where we are now.

Different thread please - mine is about being very happy where we are now compared to a year ago when I thought we were staying in L2

I couldnt agree more with "Dannypav", Im happy (kinda) of where we are currently, my expectations were initialy to always survive the drop zone back into League 2, I expected a mid table finish, and I would be lying to myself if I didnt dream (a few weeks back) of pushing for a play off league position, come the final game of the season, however my ultimate dream was a top 8 finish, & I still believe its realistically achievable.

As my elders used to say to me, "you should be grateful for what you have ... not what you wish for".

And for sure, we will pick up more points on the board before the end of the season, by who? who knows?? but im certain we will.
Play off's? maybe not, but at the end of the day, we are in a better position now than we have been for the last 5 odd years. So there really is no real need to complain.

Unlike other results throughout the season, where we have been soundly beaten, and other times got a lucky win in hindsight, I think the team didnt really let themselves down today, we had the lions share of the posession and had the best chances to score. It just didnt happen for us today, got caught out on the counter counter attack & paid the price, furthermore we could have played until midnight, and still not hit the back of the net.

Knowing us (and especially this season), we will go on and get decent draws against Barnsley and Gillingham, which would even itself out overall.

Either which way, "Im Southend till I Die"

UTB

:happy:

I couldnt agree more with "Dannypav", Im happy (kinda) of where we are currently, my expectations were initialy to always survive the drop zone back into League 2, I expected a mid table finish, and I would be lying to myself if I didnt dream (a few weeks back) of pushing for a play off league position, come the final game of the season, however my ultimate dream was a top 8 finish, & I still believe its realistically achievable.

As my elders used to say to me, "you should be grateful for what you have ... not what you wish for".

And for sure, we will pick up more points on the board before the end of the season, by who? who knows?? but im certain we will.
Play off's? maybe not, but at the end of the day, we are in a better position now than we have been for the last 5 odd years. So there really is no real need to complain.

Unlike other results throughout the season, where we have been soundly beaten, and other times got a lucky win in hindsight, I think the team didnt really let themselves down today, we had the lions share of the posession and had the best chances to score. It just didnt happen for us today, got caught out on the counter counter attack & paid the price, furthermore we could have played until midnight, and still not hit the back of the net.

Knowing us (and especially this season), we will go on and get decent draws against Barnsley and Gillingham, which would even itself out overall.

Either which way, "Im Southend till I Die"

UTB

:happy:
And this one I like......till I die till I die .......

I was saying the same a week or so ago and now realise if we're not in the champions league in a couple of seasons we've under achieved.
Managers,players,chairman(please) come and go, but i hopefully will still be about.

l love SUFC

I'm not sure saying everyone has a right to their own opinion but if it isn't the same as yours then they can go and do one is endearing you to anyone.

FWIW, I never thought we could get promoted this year and the last few woeful games are testament to that. Thank goodness we had a good first half to the season or we would be where Colchester are now. Im looking forward to Brown doing the off to Bolton and getting a manager in that has a fresh, attacking view to football

Back