• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I said in the match thread. All our defenders and midfielders were out of position.

good cross for Corr's goal!

Wasn't at the game, but from watching those highlights it actually looked like that cross was lofted up a bit too much, and was very deep. Well done to Barry for getting the power on that cross!!

When fit what a strike force this will be Tomlin, Assombalonga, Eastwood, Corr, Harris, Benyon

Wasn't at the game, but from watching those highlights it actually looked like that cross was lofted up a bit too much, and was very deep. Well done to Barry for getting the power on that cross!!

When fit what a strike force this will be Tomlin, Assombalonga, Eastwood, Corr, Harris, Benyon

I said in my match report that I was groaning when it went 30ft into the air and Barry's bullet came from nowhere!

I was being a wee bit sarcastic. It was actually an awful cross and Corr did really well.

Brilliant header from Barry Corr - that is what we are missing, and I hope that Ben and the team keep him fit...

But the goal from Freddy... Really looked like the Freddy of old, with quick feet and a darting run into the box to get on the end of a pretty good cross, it has to be said. If he is fit, he needs to start. End of.

Interesting listening to Sturrock's comments - he suggested that Freddy got better the longer he was on. Hint for you Gaffer - get him on earlier ! !

I was being a wee bit sarcastic. It was actually an awful cross and Corr did really well.

Was it an awful cross? with the big bloke sitting beyond the back stick a lofted ball will evade the keeper and the big defenders in the middle.
Corr pulling so far back meant the one of the main centre backs was either pulled out of the box or left a smaller player to mark BC, which was very intelligent play by him
The lofted cross meant that he could keep the ball infront of him and time the run to attack the ball
Seems iminently sensible to me and not dissimilar to a number of the Hall/Moshni goals last season

Was it an awful cross? with the big bloke sitting beyond the back stick a lofted ball will evade the keeper and the big defenders in the middle.
Corr pulling so far back meant the one of the main centre backs was either pulled out of the box or left a smaller player to mark BC, which was very intelligent play by him
The lofted cross meant that he could keep the ball infront of him and time the run to attack the ball
Seems iminently sensible to me and not dissimilar to a number of the Hall/Moshni goals last season

I don't think he meant it, lets put it that way.

EDIT - Brettie posting using vange's log in.

I also moaned when I saw the ball go about 30 ft in the air, but all credit to BBBC, what a header and what a player. What we have been missing. Confidence is growing.

Hi all,

I've been out of the country for the last 4 weeks, missing the good run and the video highlights. Back now, with a quick question about the BBC website.

Do we no longer get match highlights posted to the BBC "team" page this season? These usually were slightly more extensive than the goal-only highlights shown on the Saturday FL programme, and were available for a week or so after games. Is it me being an idiot, or has something changed this season?

I didn't realilse how far wide of the goal BBB was when he scored. I thought it was a good header at the time, but it looked even better on the highlights.

MAttE - thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for!

If BBBC's goal was a bullet header, it looks like Freddy's was less so, and seemed to hit him in the face before bouncing over the line! Or am I doing him an injustice?? Not that I am complaining.

Just watched the highlights again ( lost count of how many times I've watched , but more than any grown man should I guess ) and just wanted to note Barkers excellent cross for the winner - superb pace and height.

Last edited:
freddys finish was very clever, anticipated the cross very well. Corrs header was brilliant, from that position nobody was expecting a bullet towards the near post, as mentioned above I didnt realise at the ground how good it was

Back