• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
ON the Hull City site their manager states in a new piece that they must improve their away form, which is poor.

All about the Prem. and an important game away next Tuesday night. Southend United is not even mentioned!

It seems we are considered easy.

If this is so lets give them a wake up call and win.

I have a feeling in my water that they are in for shock!

If we come out with the intensity and pressure on the ball from the off like we have been, something could well be on the cards!

If he thinks that then he's clearly not taken any notice of our last two Roots Hall games!

ON the Hull City site their manager states in a new piece that they must improve their away form, which is poor.

All about the Prem. and an important game away next Tuesday night. Southend United is not even mentioned!

It seems we are considered easy.

If this is so lets give them a wake up call and win.

I have a feeling in my water that they are in for shock!

I'm sure they don't think we will be easy , but their status in the Premier League has much more importance to them , if only for the financial implications.

My guess is that a few of the Hull squad players will be really up for it because they'll be looking to break into the first team squad, and a few will under prepare and get caught out. If their forwards are up for it then I can see us struggling big time, however if their defenders are sloppy then Barry et al could have a really good day. Our midfield should be able to pressure them with the crowd behind them and the amount of energy they have.

Also, who could ignore the chance of Freddy popping up at the end with something special...

Theyve got some good attacking players in back up, but I would fancy us against their second string back 4. Could be quite an open entertaining game.

My guess is that a few of the Hull squad players will be really up for it because they'll be looking to break into the first team squad, and a few will under prepare and get caught out. If their forwards are up for it then I can see us struggling big time, however if their defenders are sloppy then Barry et al could have a really good day. Our midfield should be able to pressure them with the crowd behind them and the amount of energy they have.

Also, who could ignore the chance of Freddy popping up at the end with something special...

And then a big team could come in for him, we could get lots of money and then...... oh thats already happened:blush:

And then a big team could come in for him, we could get lots of money and then...... oh thats already happened:blush:

You forgot that he goes completely off the boil first, and then we sell him!

Our game is not that important to them, that's all. It will give their fringe players a game, and they will be thinking if they get through with those, then great, onto the next round. Their main focus is their Tuesday night game. Staying in the Premiership means everything.

Our game is not that important to them, that's all. It will give their fringe players a game, and they will be thinking if they get through with those, then great, onto the next round. Their main focus is their Tuesday night game. Staying in the Premiership means everything.

Exactly this, if our positions were reversed I think we'd be thinking just the same.

Hull's back-up players include the likes of Stephen Quinn, Sone Aluko, Matty Fryatt and since the additions of Jelavic and Long, Danny Graham. If they take it remotely seriously, they should have no problem rolling us over.

Hull's back-up players include the likes of Stephen Quinn, Sone Aluko, Matty Fryatt and since the additions of Jelavic and Long, Danny Graham. If they take it remotely seriously, they should have no problem rolling us over.

Sone Aluko is injured and it's unlikely Danny Graham will be permitted to play, Sunderland didn't want him to be cup tied for the last round so i assume the same will apply here.

Line up will probably be:-

Harper
McShane Faye Bruce
Rosenior Meyler Quinn Koren Boyd
Sagbo Fryatt

We certainly aren't expecting an easy game, infact i can see you causing us plenty of problems especially if you have any pace down the right, Bruce & Faye certainly aren't the quickest...

I agree with you, unfortunately. No matter what we think our current form is like, their second string should be too good to lose to us. But....

Sone Aluko is injured and it's unlikely Danny Graham will be permitted to play, Sunderland didn't want him to be cup tied for the last round so i assume the same will apply here.

Harper
McShane Faye Bruce
Sagbo Fryatt

We certainly aren't expecting an easy game, infact i can see you causing us plenty of problems especially if you have any pace down the right, Bruce & Faye certainly aren't the quickest...

All I want from the game is for us to perform at the levels we have recently. If we show the passion, commitment and passing game and still lose then we gave our best and so be it. I'd love to sneak a win or a draw but a good performance with no injuries or suspensions will do me fine.

Harper
McShane Faye Bruce
Sagbo Fryatt

Thanks for that.
I think we have a 'small' chance , but the likes of Meyler , Koren , Boyd , Fryatt etc are probably a class above most we face weeek in / week out , so no great expectations.
But , we are playing really well , have a great team spirit and as the old saying goes 'have nothing to lose'.
Apart from Saturday , hope you have a good second half of the season.

Back