• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ian Joyce

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Joyce has signed for the Colorado Rapids in the MLS.

That probably sums up the quality of football in the US I'm afraid.

Was it ever officially announced that he was released ?

Good luck to him though.

In the same Conference as LA so could be facing Becks possibly down the line.

Joyce has signed for the Colorado Rapids in the MLS.

That probably sums up the quality of football in the US I'm afraid.

You probably shouldn't judge the quality of soccer in the US based on the Rapids signing of Joyce. From my understanding he was signed as the 3rd keeper and will solely make the team based on injury concerns to the current backup.

COLLEGE

Finished his collegiate career appearing in 34 games with 33 starts with a 19-9-4 record, registering 136 saves with a 1.32 goals against average and 9 shutouts…Ranks sixth all-time at Seton Hall in shutouts and 10th in saves…2006: Posted a 5-4-1 record with two shutouts and a 1.85 goals against average…Named BIG EAST Player of the Week following a career-high tying nine saves in a 1-0 win over Rutgers (9/15)...2005: Posted a 0.94 GAA in eight starts with two shutouts...Tied a career-high nine saves, helping SHU preserve a 2-2 draw at DePaul (9/18)...2004: Started eight games in net for Seton Hall, posting a 5-2-1 record with a 1.34 GAA...Posted three straight shutouts in BIG EAST play against West Virginia (10/9), Syracuse (10/16) and Connecticut (10/23)... Had a shutout streak of 330:19 snapped at Georgetown (10/30)…2003: Started six games in net for the Pirates...Recorded 21 saves for a .840 save percentage and posted a 0.67 GAA…Earned a shutout in his first career start, making four saves against Adelphi (9/10).

WTF !!!!!!

COLLEGE

Finished his collegiate career appearing in 34 games with 33 starts with a 19-9-4 record, registering 136 saves with a 1.32 goals against average and 9 shutouts…Ranks sixth all-time at Seton Hall in shutouts and 10th in saves…2006: Posted a 5-4-1 record with two shutouts and a 1.85 goals against average…Named BIG EAST Player of the Week following a career-high tying nine saves in a 1-0 win over Rutgers (9/15)...2005: Posted a 0.94 GAA in eight starts with two shutouts...Tied a career-high nine saves, helping SHU preserve a 2-2 draw at DePaul (9/18)...2004: Started eight games in net for Seton Hall, posting a 5-2-1 record with a 1.34 GAA...Posted three straight shutouts in BIG EAST play against West Virginia (10/9), Syracuse (10/16) and Connecticut (10/23)... Had a shutout streak of 330:19 snapped at Georgetown (10/30)…2003: Started six games in net for the Pirates...Recorded 21 saves for a .840 save percentage and posted a 0.67 GAA…Earned a shutout in his first career start, making four saves against Adelphi (9/10).

WTF !!!!!!

I tried to read it but my eyes started to hurt a lot!

COLLEGE

WTF !!!!!!

Why do Americans feel the need to change the common football words to make them sound "awesome". They always want something to sound bigger :madman:

You probably shouldn't judge the quality of soccer in the US based on the Rapids signing of Joyce. From my understanding he was signed as the 3rd keeper and will solely make the team based on injury concerns to the current backup.

Ah ok. Admittedly it was a slightly tongue in cheek comment without knowing the full details, so my apologies, Seth. What's the pay like at that club at a guess? Is he going to be making more than he was here? Otherwise it seems a slightly odd move if indeed he's going there to basically train and go home.

Ah ok. Admittedly it was a slightly tongue in cheek comment without knowing the full details, so my apologies, Seth. What's the pay like at that club at a guess? Is he going to be making more than he was here? Otherwise it seems a slightly odd move if indeed he's going there to basically train and go home.

He will get paid more. You can't get lower than nothing ;)

No apology necessary, I just think the level of soccer in this country is often underestimated, but I can understand why many people have that belief. As for Joyce's salary I honestly have no clue, MLS salaries vary greatly, but I imagine that it is a comparatively small, probably around 50 - 75k/year.

Southend did get a quick mention mention on the local news here last night during the sports segment as they mentioned his signing after doing a quick story on the Rapids' pre-season trip to London. It wasn't horribly exciting, but it might be the only time during a Denver newscast that they mention Southend United!

Back