• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could bring back one player

DTS

The Business
If you could bring back one player from most recent spell in the basement division who would be it be and why?

I think I would go for Damon Searle. I feel he has been the best left back we have had in ages.Sweet left foot and defended as well as he attacked.

You?

If he was, as he was then, and not as he is now, Lee Hodges from Wet Spam.

If loanees do not count then I'd plump for Damon Searle as well.

Cue the TIG brigade.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Viking @ Nov. 30 2005,12:16)]Michael Husbands anyone??!!
Husbands? Whatever happened to him eh?  
oops.gif

Stephen Kelly would get my vote, with Searle a close second, although as someone else mentioned that's more to do with the paucity of our current left back than with Searle being that much of a player.

Looking at our team, We could do with Leon Cort & Chris Powell back in the team - if we get new players nearly good as them, we should be playing Everton & Leeds in 2006/07
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 30 2005,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 30 2005,12:13)]Leon Cort, would bring more pace to our central defence.
Good shout. Can I change my mind?
No. We have to take your first answer. Now take a look at what you could have won....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 30 2005,12:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 30 2005,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 30 2005,12:13)]Leon Cort, would bring more pace to our central defence.
Good shout. Can I change my mind?
No. We have to take your first answer. Now take a look at what you could have won....
Not another bloody speedboat!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Nov. 30 2005,12:21)]Steve Kabba
Good shout, real shame he wasn't taken on.

Proper signings only I'd say either Cort, Stephen Kelly or Lee Hodges (when he was with us, not now
rock.gif
). Of those 3 Kelly would just edge it over Leon.

Mark Tinkler or Carl Hutchings, both really really under-rated with their time with us.

Carl Hutchings!

Stop it, you're killing me!

Someone will be suggesting Neil Jenkins or Stephen Clark next.

Hutchings was played at right back and he was a Centre Midfielder. He was much better than Maher

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ Nov. 30 2005,12:59)]Hutchings was played at right back and he was a Centre Midfielder. He was much better than Maher
hahahaha. uni does strange things to you, Simon.

He's found his true level

The only player I'd have back is Bombhead. He'll be in the Championship before long.

Back