• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If you had to choose....

Does your dislike of Ron Martin exceed your love for SUFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reg Martin

No Relation
...between success for Southend with Ron Martin or failure without him, what would you choose?
Does your dislike for Ron Martin exceed your love for Southend?
Would financial ruin for SUFC be a small price to pay to see RM bankrupt?

(I am well aware these aren't the only alternatives but I am interested to know how many fans have lost all sense of perspective.)

My own view is that Ron Martin may currently own SUFC but he is not SUFC and I think some people are in danger of losing sight of that fact.
I hope I shall always want Southend United to prosper on and off the field regardless of who the chairman/owner is and regardless of whether that success makes the chairman look good, bad or indifferent.

i would be happy if RM became a billionaire as long as Southend United benefitted from it, i would also be happy if RM went bust as long as Southend United were successful, the onl thing i have against RM is the way he constantly tries to sell the supporters spin and lies. I think the man has the clubs interest at heart, sadly this does not extend to the supporters, we are not stupid, we are not kids, we deserve and need the truth. The lies from RM and GK only serve to alienate the fans. UTB.

Ron Martin will always look good whether we are successful or not. I personally think he's one of the best looking chairmen in the league

i would be happy if RM became a billionaire as long as Southend United benefitted from it, i would also be happy if RM went bust as long as Southend United were successful,

Pretty much nail on the head.

Don't really care what happens to Dr.Warchest as long as we are OK.

Who on earth would want us to fail ?

Ron Martin and SUFC fortunes are the same, he does well and we do well.

If we get the new stadium, and I think we will I really hope people realise the recent financial issues were just a result of that and not some evil plan of RM's to upset supporters.

You are my Southend,
My only Southend,
You make me happy, when skies are grey,
You'll never know dear, how much I love you,
Please don't take my southend away.

Obvious choice. Ron Martin has done a good job but people criticise him for what has happened in the last few months. What do people expect him to come out and say? He brings out a blog and people just say that he is covering things and that it is aload of crap. He doesn't bring out a blog for a while (I wonder why, maybe it was because he was sorting out the future of our beloved SUFC which OBVIOUSLY is less important than blog!) then they say he is hiding something and not giving us answers. Some 'fans' on here expect the impossible.

Obvious choice. Ron Martin has done a good job but people criticise him for what has happened in the last few months. Someone has to take responsibility for it. It's not/wasn't an accident we ended up in that situation. At the very least it was poor management of the club. I fail to see how that is a good job.

What do people expect him to come out and say? He brings out a blog and people just say that he is covering things and that it is aload of crap. He doesn't bring out a blog for a while (I wonder why, maybe it was because he was sorting out the future of our beloved SUFC which OBVIOUSLY is less important than blog!) then they say he is hiding something and not giving us answers. Some 'fans' on here expect the impossible.

Ron's blogs, are generally filled with big words that actually explain very little. This is truth.

Of course it's upto you how much you want to trust/believe in RM, but my stance is a very 'wary/cautious' one with regards to St.Ronald Of Martin

Ron's blogs, are generally filled with big words that actually explain very little. This is truth.

Of course it's upto you how much you want to trust/believe in RM, but my stance is a very 'wary/cautious' one with regards to St.Ronald Of Martin

I see how these things COULD have been caused by poor management (from both RM and ST) but the fall from the championship really hurt us. The reason I say from both RM and ST is that fact that Tilson doesn't make great signings when he has money at his disposal (Revell and Walker both cost £100k each).

Anyway, at least Geoff King will take over if Ron decided to leave.

I have got no problem with Ron ... Time will be the judge on his tenure

Definitely the most stupid poll I have ever seen, but then I still was stupid enough to take part in it :)

I can't believe anyone would want the club to fail just because they dislike the man in charge. Ron's made good and not so good decisions, if the he fails, the club fails and I don't think anyone wishes that to happen.

I think too many people forget about the days when our Chairmen were Anton Johnson and Vic Jobson. How on earth can we be so negative when you look back at what we had to endure before. I agree things are far from perfect with regards are financial situation but every football club except Chelsea and Man City are struggling. Man Utd some £700m in debt, Liverpool I think its £500m, look at West Ham and Portsmouth and even today, Norwich with 25,000 gates declare a £5m loss and debts of £23m. Football in general is paying the price for over spending, players wages have far out grown the man in the street and a reality check is coming home hard and fast. Though our situation is poor its manageable, christ Portsmouth wage bill is nearly as much as ours for the whole season

Back