• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question If you were snowed in for 2 weeks......

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Totally hypothetical question but if for whatever reason you were snowed into your house for two weeks and it was physically impossible to get out or for the emergency services to get in could you survive with the food that ypu have in the house.

I was debating this with the Mrs this morning. One of the bonuses to living with your Mrs rather than on you todd/mates is that you always have loads of food in.

I think we would about be ok. Be a bit bored of water after a few days once the milk and squash has run out but I think we could cope.

What stage would you be at with two weeks with no fresh supplies.

Totally hypothetical question but if for whatever reason you were snowed into your house for two weeks and it was physically impossible to get out or for the emergency services to get in could you survive with the food that ypu have in the house.

I was debating this with the Mrs this morning. One of the bonuses to living with your Mrs rather than on you todd/mates is that you always have loads of food in.

I think we would about be ok. Be a bit bored of water after a few days once the milk and squash has run out but I think we could cope.

What stage would you be at with two weeks with no fresh supplies.

That's if the pipes haven't frozen mate...

In actual fact, after watching countless episodes of 24 over Christmas I'm in the middle of preparing a nuclear holocaust-proof bunker in my lounge, fit with a mini-fridge full of supplies, a blanket and an old transistor radio. I give myself three days before cannibalism sets in and im dancing around my house in full tribal gear while my flatmate roasts over the gas heater.

would you still have running water?
I think we'd cope, just. A huge amount of rice and pasta flavoured with chili sauces!!

My missus has food stock, then back up stock then extra back up stock.
We could probably last 2 or 3 months easily.

would you still have running water?
I think we'd cope, just. A huge amount of rice and pasta flavoured with chili sauces!!

Well if we taking it to a new level then I would have end less water as I could melt the snow........:clap:

Well if we taking it to a new level then I would have end less water as I could melt the snow........:clap:
but you cant get out the house dopey :homer:

i think we'd stuggle, and i'd end up eating protein powder for breakfast lunch and dinner

Freezer is stuffed with meat products. Might get a bit Atkins in the second week, but I'd survive.

I'd have some weird stuff, like a tomato ketchup sandwich or two, but i'd be ok.

I'd be more concerned about running out of cigarettes.

I had a big Tesco delivery this morning so I'd probably be ok, but if you'd have asked me yesterday it would have been a different story.

Fortunately, all the houses on my street have little balconies on the first floor. It's quite possible, with nerves of steel, to leap from one to the other. In the event of catastrophic weather, I would fearlessly bound across to number 21 and kill them for food. They're lovely people, but these are testing times.

i wouldn't want to eat my neighbours pussy, she is in her 50's

50? that would like a spring Chicken to Harry.

In the event of catastrophic weather, I would fearlessly bound across to number 21 and kill them for food. They're lovely people, but these are testing times.

You could always eat your Mrs Slip, Hang on I had better rephrase that..:stunned:

Back on topic, I would survive just!

i'd survive, ive got plenty of meat in the freezer and could knock something up quite easily. I also have quite a lot of Pasta. Might pick up a few pot noodles on way home though, can't be too careful!

i'd survive, ive got plenty of meat in the freezer and could knock something up quite easily. I also have quite a lot of Pasta. Might pick up a few pot noodles on way home though, can't be too careful!

pot-instant-noodle.jpg

Back